multi user database
Author Message
 multi user database

I have upto 10 people accessing a database concurrently, it has forms and
queries within it, I compile it to an mde file for people to use. All the
people basically use the same file on a network path.

I am having problems as I think it is not designed for this amount of people
to use it simultaneously, the database sometimes gets corrupt needing
everyone to come out for it to be repaired.

I think the solution is to have a central database and get programs to link
into the database.

As you can probably tell I have little knowledge about this, I did create
the original database which worked fine while there were only a few
accessing.

I would be greatfull for any help.

Phil

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 20:54:58 GMT
 multi user database

Quote:

I generally use a Back End on the server, in essence, just
the tables, then everything else on each of the clients
(each users pc) with all the tables linked in.  This
enables you to mess around with all aspects of the dbs
appearance etc, without messing with the data as the
tables are 'remote'

Hope this helps,

Nath.

Fri, 25 Feb 2005 21:45:06 GMT

1. Errors In Multi-User Database When Performing Similar Actions

2. Multi-User Database

3. Multi-user database over the internet

4. Help: Multi-User Database Question...

5. Multi-User Database?

6. Multi-User Database?

7. Multi user databases

8. question about multi-user database programming

9. Multi-User Database

10. re vbdos multi user database engine

11. Multi User Database

12. Multi User Database