Editing the "Task Pane"
Author Message
 Editing the "Task Pane"

Hi,
has anybody some sample code that edits the Word/Excel Task Pane. I already
found out, how to edit the recent files list, which is displayed in the task
pane. But  I'm still trying to edit the Task Pane Itself.

Thanks a lot

G. S.

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 18:38:48 GMT
 Editing the "Task Pane"
Unfortunately there is now way to really customize the task pane (Beyond
showing it and hiding it). This is a major weakness in Office XP
programmability.

The only thing I have found (with mixed results) is inserting an instance of
IE into a toolbar to mimic the effect. But it has been unreliable at best.

Chris Kunicki

Quote:
> Hi,
> has anybody some sample code that edits the Word/Excel Task Pane. I
already
> found out, how to edit the recent files list, which is displayed in the
task
> pane. But  I'm still trying to edit the Task Pane Itself.

> Thanks a lot

> G. S.

Sun, 04 Jul 2004 23:12:11 GMT

1. Usings sizable "Panes"

2. Forgotten Oldie: "Draggable" Pane Seperator

3. Resizable "panes"

4. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

5. Populating Outlook "Task" from Access97

6. Creating a Task with a "Manager"

7. "Keep updated copy" of task

8. Hide app from "End Task" list

9. Programmatic "End Task"?