error - Could not open macro storage
Author Message
 error - Could not open macro storage

Hi,

I have a VBA application which picks up a word template
from a common n/w place. i.e when the automation client
opens a document, it will open it based on a common
template which is kept in a shared network folder.

on a few machines, when words opens, it gives the
error "could not open macro storage". it actually takes a
lot of time while opening & then gives the above mentioned
error.

Does anyone have a solution to the problem, also, is it OK
to keep a template in a network which will be used to open
documents by a tens of users.

Thanx in advance
vikram bennur

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 21:53:27 GMT
 error - Could not open macro storage
Hi Vikram

Check under Tools + Refernces on those machines and say whether either there are any references set that say "Missing" or any references that aren't set and which ought to be.

Regards

Dave

| Hi,
|
| I have a VBA application which picks up a word template
| from a common n/w place. i.e when the automation client
| opens a document, it will open it based on a common
| template which is kept in a shared network folder.
|
| on a few machines, when words opens, it gives the
| error "could not open macro storage". it actually takes a
| lot of time while opening & then gives the above mentioned
| error.
|
| Does anyone have a solution to the problem, also, is it OK
| to keep a template in a network which will be used to open
| documents by a tens of users.
|
| Thanx in advance
| vikram bennur

Wed, 28 Jul 2004 23:02:20 GMT

1. 5981 Error : Could not open Macro Storage

2. Could not open macro storage error: 5891

3. Error: 5981 Could not open macro storage

4. 5981 could not open macro storage error

5. Could not open macro storage error.

6. error 5981 - could not open macro storage

7. could not open macro storage

8. Could Not Open Macro Storage

9. Could not open macro storage

10. Could not open macro storage!!!!!!!!!!

11. COULD NOT OPEN MACRO STORAGE

12. Could Not Open Macro Storage