Searching for bullet lists; selecting bullet llists; converting bullet lists
Author Message
 Searching for bullet lists; selecting bullet llists; converting bullet lists

If you respond to this, could you e-mail me directly at

I have a small VBA macro that converts a document to a
very plain subset of html: underlines are converted to the
html underline tags, two paragraph markers in a row are
converted to the html paragraph tag, etc.

Then this text is copied to the clipbard, where it can be
pasted into an html editor.

We don't need the full-blown "convert to html"
functionality, nor do we want it.

Here's my question:

I'd like to do something intelligent with bullet lists.
How, in VBA, can I search for them, iterate through them,
do anything with this? Ideally I'd be able to take a
bullet list like:

* Foo
* Bar
* Baz

and have it converted to

<ul>
 <li> Foo
 <li> Bar
 <li> Baz
</ul>

Any thoughts on this?

Thanks!

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 22:20:28 GMT
 Searching for bullet lists; selecting bullet llists; converting bullet lists
On Mon, 15 Oct 2001 07:20:28 -0700, "John G. Norman"

Quote:

>I'd like to do something intelligent with bullet lists.
>How, in VBA, can I search for them, iterate through them,
>do anything with this? Ideally I'd be able to take a
>bullet list like:

List info can be found in Range.listformat  or
activedocument.listparagraphs or activedocument.lists

You can use range.convertnumberstotext to 'delistify' it.

Steve Hudson

Sun, 04 Apr 2004 09:11:40 GMT

1. bullets in excel

2. Bullets in a selection

3. Outlook Bullets

4. Bullets and Numbering in Word 2000

5. Inserting Bullets

6. Replace 2nd level bullet

7. Word 97 bullets that act like checkboxes?

8. Setting Bullet Styles Error

9. Picture Bullet Style

10. Picture Bullet

11. Picture Bullet