Pivot Table with Microsoft.Project.OLEDB.9.0
Author Message
 Pivot Table with Microsoft.Project.OLEDB.9.0

I am using a pivot table to display information from MS Project 2000.  The
"taskDuration" field is being multiplied by 4800 for some reason.(i.e 28
days = 134400)  I am using VBScript to manipulate the object but I cannot
seem to format the data back to what it is suppossed to be.

I am trying to use the following code:

PivotTable1.ActiveView.FieldSets("TaskDuration").Fields(0).NumberFormat =
blah

Please tell me what blah needs to be to format 134400 back to 28 days.  or
point me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Mon, 30 Jun 2003 00:15:37 GMT
 Pivot Table with Microsoft.Project.OLEDB.9.0
The OLEDB Provider returns all work and duration values in tenths of minutes
(probably how they store it internally), in order to provide the most
accurate value. 480 minutes = 8 hours ( = 1d if you work an 8h day). You
will need to decide what units you will want to display in, and then convert
the returned value to those units. Note that duration (in Project) is
relative to working time for the task, so if a task says it is 5 days long,
it means 5 8-hour working days.

-rc

Quote:
> I am using a pivot table to display information from MS Project 2000.  The
> "taskDuration" field is being multiplied by 4800 for some reason.(i.e 28
> days = 134400)  I am using vbscript to manipulate the object but I cannot
> seem to format the data back to what it is suppossed to be.

> I am trying to use the following code:

> PivotTable1.ActiveView.FieldSets("TaskDuration").Fields(0).NumberFormat =
> blah

> Please tell me what blah needs to be to format 134400 back to 28 days.  or
> point me in the right direction.

> Thanks,

Mon, 07 Jul 2003 08:24:24 GMT

1. Access MS Project data via the Microsoft.Project.OLEDB.9.0 in ASP

2. Deploy project using Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0

3. Microsoft Project 2002 Database VS. Microsoft Project 2002 OLE DB Provider

4. Microsoft Outlook Task with Microsoft Project

5. microsoft.jet.oledb.3.51 v.s. microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0

6. microsoft.jet.oledb.3.51 v.s. microsoft.jet.oledb.4.0

7. Pivot Table

8. Creating XL pivot tables in Access module

9. exporting to excel pivot table

10. problem with pivot table

11. Refreshing an Excel pivot table, programatically, from Access

12. Access97 : Interface to Excel pivot tables