Forcing download of email
Author Message
 Forcing download of email

Hi all.

I have a program which interrogates Outlook's inbox folder for mail.  This
works fine.  However, I'd like it to get Outlook to check the POP3 server
for any new mail.  I've had a look through the documentation but must have
missed the information I'm after.

Any clues?

Paul

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 18:54:45 GMT
 Forcing download of email
There are a number of methods for forcing a send/receive action. See
http://www.slovaktech.com/code_samples.htm#SendReceive for a number of
them If you use the CDO example make sure it's installed (an optional
installation for Outlook 2000 and later) and you reference CDO 1.21 in
your project.

All secure versions of Outlook will throw prompts on the send/receive
code however. To avoid that you would need to use Redemption
(www.dimastr.com/redemption) or Extended MAPI (C++ or Delphi only).

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> Hi all.

> I have a program which interrogates Outlook's inbox folder for mail.
This
> works fine.  However, I'd like it to get Outlook to check the POP3
server
> for any new mail.  I've had a look through the documentation but
must have
> missed the information I'm after.

> Any clues?

> Paul

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:06:05 GMT
 Forcing download of email

Quote:
> There are a number of methods for forcing a send/receive action. See
> http://www.slovaktech.com/code_samples.htm#SendReceive for a number of
> them If you use the CDO example make sure it's installed (an optional
> installation for Outlook 2000 and later) and you reference CDO 1.21 in
> your project.

> All secure versions of Outlook will throw prompts on the send/receive
> code however. To avoid that you would need to use Redemption
> (www.dimastr.com/redemption) or Extended MAPI (C++ or Delphi only).

The project I'm working on will be running overnight (i.e. unattended), so
prompts will render that useless.  Extended MAPI looks like the way forward
(I'm developing in C++) so I'll look at that.

Thanks for the tips!

Paul

Mon, 05 Dec 2005 21:32:31 GMT

1. force a MS Word file to be downloaded

2. How to force download?

3. Forced download

4. Forcing MS Word Documents to Download

5. Force download

6. force download

7. Is forcing a download "foolproof"...

8. Forcing the Download Dialog Box