Compact the back-end data from the front-end
Author Message
 Compact the back-end data from the front-end

I am trying to compact my data back-end while in the front-end, but I get
the error 3356 which says that this database is already opened exclusively
by (myself). The problem is that I need to close the back end first before
it compacts, but I'm having issues closing it.

I don't think I want to open another instance of the be, and it's not the
current db since I'm in the front-end.

The path to my back-end is "c:\hmb\fcst_be.mdb" and the path to my GUI is
"c:\hmb\fcst_fe.mdb" (the current db)

I have read the help files repeatedly, and can find no assistance there.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Carrie

Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Compact the back-end data from the front-end
Make sure that you close alle recordsets which reference tables in the back
end before you start compacting, either in the code or on a form which has a
table of the backend as its record source. Then it should work.
HTH
Matthias Klaey

Quote:
> I am trying to compact my data back-end while in the front-end, but I get
> the error 3356 which says that this database is already opened exclusively
> by (myself). The problem is that I need to close the back end first before
> it compacts, but I'm having issues closing it.

> I don't think I want to open another instance of the be, and it's not the
> current db since I'm in the front-end.

> The path to my back-end is "c:\hmb\fcst_be.mdb" and the path to my GUI is
> "c:\hmb\fcst_fe.mdb" (the current db)

> I have read the help files repeatedly, and can find no assistance there.

> Any help is greatly appreciated!

> Carrie

Mon, 06 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Compact back-end front-end

2. A2k: Controlling a back-end MDB from its FRONT-end MDB

3. A2K Updating Back End with new fields from Front End

4. Corrupted back end corrputs all front ends!

5. Splitting db in front end and back end

6. Trying to Create a communicator for VB.net Front End and SQL 2000 back end

7. VB Front end dll loses connection to back end SQL server db after an hour

8. Front-End & Back-End

9. Packaging a VB front end/Access back end application

10. Access Back End, VB Front End -- Why?

11. Access Back End, VB Front End -- Why?

12. App Security - front-end or back-end?