Access 7.0 does not recognize VBA functions
Author Message
 Access 7.0 does not recognize VBA functions

A user in my group had Office97 installed on her machine. I removed
Access97 and installed Access95 (ver. 7.0). This is the same procedure I
used on my machine. I had an Access95 application which worked fine on my
machine. When I tried to use the same application on the other user's
machine, I found that none of the VBA functions worked. (I.E. date(),
mid(), etc...) Can anyone tell me how to get Access to recognize VBA
functions? Thank you.

Ricky R.

Mon, 20 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Access 7.0 does not recognize VBA functions

Hi Ricky,

Relatively well known problem: Inside a module, in the menu, open Tools |
References....  and then, you may see some library checked WITH the word
MISSING in their description. Uncheck those librairies.

Note: that may indicate that an {*filter*} control is missing on your PC, but
most of the time, it is not a problem. Also note that this control is
generally without relation with Trim, Right, ....

Note: if you have a function already named Date( ), that may also create a
problem.

Hope it may help,
Vanderghast, Access MVP

Quote:
> A user in my group had Office97 installed on her machine. I removed
> Access97 and installed Access95 (ver. 7.0). This is the same procedure I
> used on my machine. I had an Access95 application which worked fine on my
> machine. When I tried to use the same application on the other user's
> machine, I found that none of the VBA functions worked. (I.E. date(),
> mid(), etc...) Can anyone tell me how to get Access to recognize VBA
> functions? Thank you.

> Ricky R.

Tue, 21 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Word can not recognize VBA function.

2. function names not recognized in Access 97

3. Access not recognizing string functions

4. HTML help file (.chm) not recognized by VBA in excel

5. vba line input not recognizing end of line

6. User defined function not recognized

7. Trim Function Not Recognized?

8. Format function not recognized

9. Left$, Right$ function not recognized in another computer.

10. public function not recognized by another form....

11. VB5 Implements Not Recognizing Function

12. Subroutines and Functions not recognized