'Recordset' reserved word not recognised
Author Message
 'Recordset' reserved word not recognised

This situation occurred using Access 97, and I have yet to come up with a
reason:

I am stepping through some code, and for some reason a recordset is not
getting populated with data. There was nothing wrong with the SQL, a quick
copy and paste in to the SQL Enterprise Manager confirmed this.

So I'm sitting there, scratching my head, and I notice that the DAO Reserved
Word 'Recordset' in my declarations is not capitalised. This doesn't look
normal I think, still scratching my head... So I start doing some sniffing
around, testing differenct scenarios. I didn't have any global declarations
that could have been causing troubles, nor any Type declarations, so I ruled
out this possibility. My references were still intact (DAO 2.5/3.51). None
of this turned up any solutions.

The mdb file has only a few objects, so I figure I'd make a brand new mdb
and import the stuff in, one by one, looking to isolate the problem child.
Indeed, one of the modules caused the problem, but not the same module with
each successive attempt. Furthermore, after the problem occurs, it appears
to corrupt the ENTIRE mdb file. I deleted every object in the (test)
database, then repaired and compacted the database. And yes, you guessed,
the problem is still there. Open up a new module, declare a variable as a
recordset, and the reserved word Recordset is not recognised!

This problem appears to be related to the file, since the other applications
work fine on my machine. For what it is worth, I have been working with
class modules when this occurred, including user defined datatypes, over the
past few weeks. But the problem just showed up yesterday.

Thanks for any and all help, I am about ready to give up!

--Tod

Sun, 30 Mar 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. 'Opendatabase' not recognised

2. 'Opendatabase' not recognised

3. Run-Time Error '2950' - Reserved Error

4. Public Sub with 'Reserved' Name

5. Word'7 Vs. Word'9

6. 'database' class not recognised!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. Updatable property in ADO recordset -- It's not there

8. HELP : What's reserved error -2034

9. What's reserved error -8261

10. Reserved Error -1070 - What's the deal?

11. HELP : What's reserved error -2034

12. Q188858 Setting the Recordset's dynamic Command Timeout Property does not time out