Regarding Creating Chart from Table
Author Message
 Regarding Creating Chart from Table

Hello,

I am developing one application, in that I have to create Chart from the
Access table.

Can any one shlow me the way to create chart from the table?

Thanks in advance.

Sonal

Sun, 06 Jun 2004 13:05:09 GMT
 Regarding Creating Chart from Table
Instructions for a using MsGraph with Access.

The Chart Wizard in Access leaves much to be desired
(ie: you're not limited to 6 Series)

Take a blank Form (even if you're making a graph for a Report)
and insert an unbound object frame:
Insert Object, select Ms Graph (Not the Chart Wizard)

Click on the detail of your Form (ie: click off the graph)

Open the properties of the Graph object:
Format Tab: Size Mode - Zoom
Column Heads - Yes
Data Tab: Row Source Type - Table/Query
Row Source - Enter the name of your CrossTab Query or Select Query or SQL
Enabled - Yes
Locked - No

View the form then go right back to design view (this will load the graph
datasheet with your data vs the sample data).  Don't worry about what the
graph looks like just yet.

Then right click the Graph and select Chart Object ->Open (not Edit)

Make sure the Data/Series is in Rows or Columns - whatever is appropriate
for your data.

Now you have something to work with.  Everything you can do in Excel can be
done here.
Select the graph type and any formatting you wish.

The Row Source can be a query name or a sql statement which makes it very
nice for dynamic data.

If you're *really* making a report, now copy the Graph object from the form
to the report.

Get the Graph Sample mdb from MsKb Q186855, Grphsm97.
Also get the automation help files appropriate for you:

Q260410 Office 2000 Products
Q167223 Office 97 Products

Steve

Quote:
> Hello,

> I am developing one application, in that I have to create Chart from the
> Access table.

> Can any one shlow me the way to create chart from the table?

> Thanks in advance.

> Sonal

Mon, 07 Jun 2004 01:29:33 GMT

1. creating heirarchy chart in report from existing table

2. Creating Hierarchy chart in report from existing Table.

3. Creating a Flow chart using Access table

4. Regarding Two Column Chart

5. Error 07006 - Regarding attached Oracle tables w/date type field

6. Regarding Nested Table

7. question regarding setfocus() to a control created at run-time

8. Create new fields in a table based off of fields in another table

9. Variable Table Names in Create Tables/Insert Records

10. Creating a Table of Table Info ?

11. Create new field in existing table exactly like field in second table

12. Create multiple tables from a single Make-Table Query