Automating Excel Reporting with Acrobat 5
Author Message
 Automating Excel Reporting with Acrobat 5

Hi guys,
I have recently upgraded my PC and as a result have upgraded from
Acrobat v3 to v5.
I run a reporting process once a month that produces about 500 ind.
reports from Excel run from VB. In v3 i was able to access the
PDFMaker source code and amend it appropriately to name the files and
save them to a specific location:
For example produce a 'UKreport.pdf' and save to C:x\x\x\Europe\UK
However I cannot access the v5 source code for the Distiller to amend
it appropriately to allow me to do the above. Any ideas or could
anyone provide an example code for me to amend accordingly??

Unfortunatley it runs fine on my old PC with v3, but when I downgrade
my new PC to v3, some of the charts produced in the reports have black
or blue backgrounds? Confused?? Any ideas on this would also be
helpful

I am currently using Win 2000 and Acrobat v5

Thanks in advance

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 16:22:43 GMT
 Automating Excel Reporting with Acrobat 5

Quote:
> I run a reporting process once a month that produces about 500 ind.
> reports from Excel run from VB. In v3 i was able to access the
> PDFMaker source code

This is one of the hazards of doing stuff via Adobe's code or OCXs.   They
didn't intend it to be used that way, they don't support it and when they
change it and it breaks your processes ... well ...

Try the link from this instead:

Control Distiller from VB/VBA
http://www.rdpslides.com/psfaq/FAQ00053.htm

I think it was written for Word originally.  I've had pretty good luck
modifying it for PPT.
Excel shouldn't be a stretch either.

Wed, 13 Oct 2004 06:42:34 GMT
 Automating Excel Reporting with Acrobat 5

Quote:

> > I run a reporting process once a month that produces about 500 ind.
> > reports from Excel run from VB. In v3 i was able to access the
> > PDFMaker source code

> This is one of the hazards of doing stuff via Adobe's code or OCXs.   They
> didn't intend it to be used that way, they don't support it and when they
> change it and it breaks your processes ... well ...

> Try the link from this instead:

> Control Distiller from VB/VBA
> http://www.rdpslides.com/psfaq/FAQ00053.htm

> I think it was written for Word originally.  I've had pretty good luck
> modifying it for PPT.
> Excel shouldn't be a stretch either.

Xcellent. Thanx Steve

Thu, 14 Oct 2004 04:58:24 GMT
 Automating Excel Reporting with Acrobat 5

Quote:
> Xcellent. Thanx Steve

Wordy to begin with, PowerPointillistic, and now Xcellent.  That's some
nifty code. <g>

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:03:59 GMT
 Automating Excel Reporting with Acrobat 5
Oh, another thing you might be interested in:

Visit http://www.pdflib.com and look for the PDFMark Primer.

It describes how you can embed little bits of special code in EPS files such
that when the EPS are imported into Excel/Word/PPT/Whatever and the document
is printed to Distiller, you create links, bookmarks and all manner of other
useful stuff.

Sat, 16 Oct 2004 12:05:57 GMT

1. Automating Adobe Acrobat, (creating pdf's)

2. Manipulating Acrobat Reader from Excel VBA

3. Acrobat - Print from Excel

4. running word, excel, and acrobat from vb program

5. Access 97 Reports w/Subrpts Cause Acrobat Shutdown

6. Printing to Acrobat using Crystal Reports

7. Using vbscript to write the report into the Acrobat format

8. How can link acrobat file(pdf) on crystal report

9. Automating Excel to remove VB Code.

10. Automating Excel from Access

11. Problem Closing Automated Excel Instance

12. How to automate with Excel