How to send email without using Outlook ?
Author Message
 How to send email without using Outlook ?

Is it possible to send an email with attachments from Acc2000 without having
to use Outlook automation ?  If so, how

Tue, 24 Aug 2004 22:41:36 GMT
 How to send email without using Outlook ?
Yes, it is.  You can buy an active X control that you can
register and then place on your form(s).

I didn't want to buy one so I spent about 80 hours
figuring our how to write my own.  Unfortunately, right
now it only works from my developers workstation and not
my clients.... I'm missing something but it does work!

Also, you can use the Winsock control from an Access
module.  I treid this route but I'm currently having a
problem with the error handling, which is essential to
knowing when to send data to the SMTP server.

Quote:

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:38:21 GMT
 How to send email without using Outlook ?
You know... I remember doing a google search and finding
at least one Freeware Active X control - you can get one
free.

In my situation I couldn't afford to trust a freeware
activex control and didn't have the budget to license all
the seats I need for a pay-for one.

Quote:

Sat, 04 Sep 2004 00:41:12 GMT

1. How to send HTML email from outlook client without using CDONTS

2. Send emails from vb without using outlook.

3. Send emails from vb without using outlook.

4. Send emails from vb without using outlook.

5. Send email without using Outlook

6. Pointers using Outlook/Outlook Express Rules - Sending back tailored emails

7. Hoe to send email without outlook

8. How to Send/Receive emails via a .EXE without starting Outlook

9. Sending Email without Outlook 2000

10. Using Visual Basic to create and send email using Outlook

11. Sending SMTP email without using a form

12. Sending mail without using any email client !