Variables on a word document?
Author Message
 Variables on a word document?

Hi!
Wierd subjectrow....hmmmm....ExcelVBA is easier.... my mind gets a little
bit twisted when I'm in
contact with WordVBA, why.. my own bugs....I think....
Enough of that, now to the essential bit, I've worked with an array that
contains about 400 rows of information and now I would like to have a
combobox "on" the sheet where the choice can be made.

User information should also "appear" like magic(???), how do I do that
(something like,  <user> on the sheet will be replaced with the current
user).

Tried to find information about this in help, but got lost....( my thoughts
are somewhat locked in ExcelVBA-way. XL where you can name a range(cell)
like a variabel)
Please help me free my mind....... :-)

--
Regards
Eie

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 19:54:10 GMT
 Variables on a word document?
Hi,

See bookmarks under Word help. You may also want to search for "bookmarks"
at <URL: http://www.mvps.org/word>. Some user information may be in document
properties.

I know this is not a complete answer to your questions. Hopefully someone
who knows more excel VBA will be able to translate your request better.
--
Charles Kenyon

Word New User FAQ & Web Directory:

Microsoft's Legal Users' Guide)

See also the MVP FAQ: <URL: http://www.mvps.org/word/> which is awesome!
from my ignorance and your wisdom.

Quote:
> Hi!
> Wierd subjectrow....hmmmm....ExcelVBA is easier.... my mind gets a little
> bit twisted when I'm in
> contact with WordVBA, why.. my own bugs....I think....
> Enough of that, now to the essential bit, I've worked with an array that
> contains about 400 rows of information and now I would like to have a
> combobox "on" the sheet where the choice can be made.

> User information should also "appear" like magic(???), how do I do that
> (something like,  <user> on the sheet will be replaced with the current
> user).

> Tried to find information about this in help, but got lost....( my
thoughts
> are somewhat locked in ExcelVBA-way. XL where you can name a range(cell)
> like a variabel)
> Please help me free my mind....... :-)

> --
> Regards
> Eie

Fri, 02 Apr 2004 22:34:21 GMT

1. Replacing words/variables in a word document

2. Can you place variables in a Word document?

3. Cutting a full Word document and pasting it in another Word Document

4. put last word of document into variable

5. Insert data from VBA variable into Word Document??

6. VB Variables Into Word Documents

7. Word 2000 Documents saved into a VB variable

8. Word 2000 Global variables per-document?

9. Document Variables in Word 97

10. Retrieving a single Excel value into a Word document variable

11. open word document specified by variable

12. VB Variables Into Word Documents