Access97: RichText control
Author Message
 Access97: RichText control

Does anyone know a resource for sample code to use the MS RichText control
with an Access application.

The RichText Control requires some form of editor. An interface to Word
would suffice, or some VBA code to edit the contents of a control using the
RTF features (character and paragraph formatting).

Most importantly, does anyone know how to determine the display height
required to display the contents of the control, so that the control may be
sized on a report to fit the text displayed.

Best Regards

Neil
  Neil Sargent
  Smart IT

Sun, 19 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access97: RichText control
Perhaps

< http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q148/5/31.asp >

will help.

 -- Dev

:
: The RichText Control requires some form of editor. An interface to Word
: would suffice, or some VBA code to edit the contents of a control using
the
: RTF features (character and paragraph formatting).
:
: Most importantly, does anyone know how to determine the display height
: required to display the contents of the control, so that the control may
be
: sized on a report to fit the text displayed.
:
: Best Regards
:
: Neil
: --------------------------------------------------------
:   Neil Sargent
:   Smart IT

: --------------------------------------------------------
:
:
:
:
:
:

Sun, 19 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access97: RichText control
Thanks Dev,

Unfortunately it only refers to binding the older version. I'm really after
an in-form editor or interface to Word.

I know what it needs to do, I'm just seeking a resource which has already
done it.

Best Regards
Neil

Quote:
> Perhaps

> < http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q148/5/31.asp >

> will help.

>  -- Dev

> : Does anyone know a resource for sample code to use the MS RichText
control
> : with an Access application.
> :
> : The RichText Control requires some form of editor. An interface to Word
> : would suffice, or some VBA code to edit the contents of a control using
> the
> : RTF features (character and paragraph formatting).
> :
> : Most importantly, does anyone know how to determine the display height
> : required to display the contents of the control, so that the control may
> be
> : sized on a report to fit the text displayed.
> :
> : Best Regards
> :
> : Neil
> : --------------------------------------------------------
> :   Neil Sargent
> :   Smart IT

> : --------------------------------------------------------
> :
> :
> :
> :
> :
> :

Mon, 20 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access97: RichText control
Sorry, I haven't personally played too much with this ocx... But have you
considered embedding Word itself in a bound object frame?

 -- Dev

: Thanks Dev,
:
: Unfortunately it only refers to binding the older version. I'm really
after
: an in-form editor or interface to Word.
:
: I know what it needs to do, I'm just seeking a resource which has already
: done it.
:
: Best Regards
: Neil
:

: > Perhaps
: >
: > < http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q148/5/31.asp >
: >
: > will help.
: >
: >  -- Dev
: >

: > : Does anyone know a resource for sample code to use the MS RichText
: control
: > : with an Access application.
: > :
: > : The RichText Control requires some form of editor. An interface to
Word
: > : would suffice, or some VBA code to edit the contents of a control
using
: > the
: > : RTF features (character and paragraph formatting).
: > :
: > : Most importantly, does anyone know how to determine the display height
: > : required to display the contents of the control, so that the control
may
: > be
: > : sized on a report to fit the text displayed.
: > :
: > : Best Regards
: > :
: > : Neil
: > : --------------------------------------------------------
: > :   Neil Sargent
: > :   Smart IT

: > : --------------------------------------------------------
: > :
: > :
: > :
: > :
: > :
: > :
: >
: >
:
:

Mon, 20 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Access97: RichText control
I briefly considered it.

But each piece of embedded text consists only one or two short paragraphs
and there are several hundred of them! I've heard that Word files
substantially of air, so I am concerned that the database size would rocket
(it is corrently 30-60Mb with plain, unformatted text).

I'm currently using the FMS Memo ActiveX control - but I am having some
problems.

The first is that most of my text is 6 or 7pt Univers font. 7pt is barely
readable and 6pt is totally unreadable at screen display resolutions. I've
written some code to zoom the field to double the font size, margins and
tabs during editing - allowing editing to be done in 12/14pt text. Using
Word as an editor would allow me to use the zoom function to display the
text at 150 or 200% with proper font sizes and rulers.

The second is that there is a property of the control which returns the
height of the the text, which I use to size the control to the printed size
of the text. This property works unreliably - making it difficult to control
my printed layout precisely. The MS RichText Control does not support this
property - so this would be a problem to overcome if I switch to a new
method.

Best Regards
Neil

Quote:
> Sorry, I haven't personally played too much with this ocx... But have you
> considered embedding Word itself in a bound object frame?

>  -- Dev

> : Thanks Dev,
> :
> : Unfortunately it only refers to binding the older version. I'm really
> after
> : an in-form editor or interface to Word.
> :
> : I know what it needs to do, I'm just seeking a resource which has
already
> : done it.
> :
> : Best Regards
> : Neil
> :

> : > Perhaps
> : >
> : > < http://support.microsoft.com/support/kb/articles/Q148/5/31.asp >
> : >
> : > will help.
> : >
> : >  -- Dev
> : >

> : > : Does anyone know a resource for sample code to use the MS RichText
> : control
> : > : with an Access application.
> : > :
> : > : The RichText Control requires some form of editor. An interface to
> Word
> : > : would suffice, or some VBA code to edit the contents of a control
> using
> : > the
> : > : RTF features (character and paragraph formatting).
> : > :
> : > : Most importantly, does anyone know how to determine the display
height
> : > : required to display the contents of the control, so that the control
> may
> : > be
> : > : sized on a report to fit the text displayed.
> : > :
> : > : Best Regards
> : > :
> : > : Neil
> : > : --------------------------------------------------------
> : > :   Neil Sargent
> : > :   Smart IT

> : > : --------------------------------------------------------
> : > :
> : > :
> : > :
> : > :
> : > :
> : > :
> : >
> : >
> :
> :

Wed, 22 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Data Control with RichText Control

2. richtext and richtext contol

3. Access97: How to identify a control's associated label control

4. Typing '*' character in Richtext control

5. Richtext Control 5.0

6. RichText Control

7. Richtext box control

8. Hidden text in RichText control?

9. How to use RichText control in Datagrid

10. Richtext control hotkey bug

11. RichText Control

12. Toooo Slooooow! (RichText Control)