3 different footers in one document
Author Message
 3 different footers in one document

Hi Peter,

There are a variety of possible solutions to your problem. I suspect you can
find one that fits or adapt one to suit your needs by checking out the
following topics at www.wordsite.com:

Control the page numbering in a Word document.

Treat different pages differently with the help of an "if" field

Insert the filename and path on the last page of a document, in a form that
will be updated automatically if the filename or path changes.

Display the word "more" at the bottom of every page except the last page.

Make footers appear differently on the first page of a news release compared
with all subsequent pages, without using section breaks.

Display page numbers as cardinal text (one, two, three, etc.).

Set up a one-page template so that, when it expands to two or more pages,
the new pages will have different headers and footers than the first page.

Automatically include in the header of a document a copy of the text from
the current Heading 1 paragraph.

Display page numbers in the Page X of Y format when the first page of the
document is an unnumbered title page.

Show nothing on pages 1 and 2, then show page 1 on page 3, page 2 on page 4,
etc.

Display a page number that is greater by one than the actual page number (on
every page except the last page).

In a document divided into sections, display the section number, or a
derivative of it, in the footer of a document.

Prevent a user from opening the headers and footers for editing.

All of these topics appear under the Word_FAQs link at the site noted above.

--
Bill Coan
Microsoft Word MVP

Quote:

> Please help!  I'm trying to organise a document that requires 3 different
> footers. (no headers).  I have tried to use section breaks.  This doc has
> be used as a basis for a legal document that may have between 4 and 6
pages.
> The first footer requires an address, the last page needs only a page
number
> and the pages in the middle need a page number and a place for a
signature.

> When text flows onto the second page from the first page, the first footer
> appears on the second page.

Wed, 15 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 3 different footers in one document
Hi Peter

You can do this with a document containing a single section.

The document must be formatted as "Different First Page" in File, Page Setup

In the First Page  footer, place the address.

In the other footer, place the page number.

In the footer, place the signature placeholder inside an IF field, as
follows

{ IF { PAGE } = { NUMPAGES } "" "_____________Signature" }

where the {} are field braces entered using Ctrl-F9

The text inside the IF field will only appear on every page except the first
page or the last page.

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
Conversion to PDF & HTML
http://www.multilinker.com
by email

Quote:

>Please help!  I'm trying to organise a document that requires 3 different
>footers. (no headers).  I have tried to use section breaks.  This doc has
>be used as a basis for a legal document that may have between 4 and 6
pages.
>The first footer requires an address, the last page needs only a page
number
>and the pages in the middle need a page number and a place for a signature.

>When text flows onto the second page from the first page, the first footer
>appears on the second page.

Wed, 15 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 3 different footers in one document

Please help!  I'm trying to organise a document that requires 3 different
footers. (no headers).  I have tried to use section breaks.  This doc has to
be used as a basis for a legal document that may have between 4 and 6 pages.
The first footer requires an address, the last page needs only a page number
and the pages in the middle need a page number and a place for a signature.

When text flows onto the second page from the first page, the first footer
appears on the second page.

Thu, 16 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 3 different footers in one document
Hi Guys

Thank you so much.  I'm very happy now.  The "if" statement did the trick!

Zina

Quote:

>Please help!  I'm trying to organise a document that requires 3 different
>footers. (no headers).  I have tried to use section breaks.  This doc has
>be used as a basis for a legal document that may have between 4 and 6
pages.
>The first footer requires an address, the last page needs only a page
number
>and the pages in the middle need a page number and a place for a signature.

>When text flows onto the second page from the first page, the first footer
>appears on the second page.

Tue, 21 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Different font size in a one line footer

2. Formatting three different footers and headers with a macro in Office XP

3. Different footers in all page

4. Different headers and footers

5. different header/footer question w/ merged docs

6. Formatting three different footers and headers with macros

7. Different Footer on each page

8. different first page footer

9. how to gather html from several documents and place into one big document

10. Footer on all pages except the last one

11. Urgent : I want to change the header and footer of word document using VBA

12. Creating footer for last page of document