Word can not recognize VBA function.
Author Message
 Word can not recognize VBA function.

The macro used to work before I format my harddisk and
install new Windows. When I run the macro again I get an
error message. It said 'It can't find object or library'
for the VBA function like Str or UCase. What wrong?

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 00:02:36 GMT
 Word can not recognize VBA function.
HI Krich,

Post back to the newsgroup with the code from your macro pasted into the
message so that we can see what it is.

Please respond to the newsgroups for the benefit of others who may be
interested.

Hope this helps
Doug Robbins - Word MVP

Quote:
> The macro used to work before I format my harddisk and
> install new Windows. When I run the macro again I get an
> error message. It said 'It can't find object or library'
> for the VBA function like Str or UCase. What wrong?

Tue, 13 Dec 2005 10:43:11 GMT
 Word can not recognize VBA function.
Krich,

That is mostly because you have a reference in your macro project to a
component that is no longer available. In VBA Editor, choose
Tools/References in the menu. Check if any component in the list is marked
as missing. It's usually a very missleading error message.

Regards,
Lars-Eric

Quote:
> The macro used to work before I format my harddisk and
> install new Windows. When I run the macro again I get an
> error message. It said 'It can't find object or library'
> for the VBA function like Str or UCase. What wrong?

Wed, 14 Dec 2005 03:21:22 GMT

1. Access 7.0 does not recognize VBA functions

2. HTML help file (.chm) not recognized by VBA in excel

3. vba line input not recognizing end of line

4. User defined function not recognized

5. Trim Function Not Recognized?

6. function names not recognized in Access 97

7. Format function not recognized

8. Access not recognizing string functions

9. Left$, Right$ function not recognized in another computer.

10. public function not recognized by another form....

11. VB5 Implements Not Recognizing Function

12. Subroutines and Functions not recognized