Word 2000 Macros -- Stupid Pet Tricks?
Author Message
 Word 2000 Macros -- Stupid Pet Tricks?

In my 9-5 world, I support an automated Word documentation system, where
Word will read values from an *.ini file, and then populate stand-alone
pages with data values, thus creating a new document made up of the
individual pages.  Piecemeal, but it works.
One of the new behaviors of Word 2000, is that when a window is activated
via a new document, it is maximized.
Another is the decision of the part of Microsoft to have Word launch
successive documents in their own window, thus adding clutter to an already
crowded taskbar space.
I have looked for robust source code where I can borrow some insight, but
have not yet found any as of yet.
Q1. What I need it to have Word 2000 work like Word97 and keep the windows
minimized and not multiple instanced.
Q2. Has anyone got a good source of Word 2000 macros/snippets.

Cheers,
Jim O'Hara

Tue, 09 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Word 2000 Macros -- Stupid Pet Tricks?
Jim,

In the November 1999 issue of Microsoft Office & Visual
Basic for Applications Developer magazine, there was an
excellent article under the VBA Hacker section titled
"Fighting Desktop Pollution: Cleaning up Word 2000's Single
Document Interface" that should help you; you can check
www.officevba.com to see if the article is included on their
website; if not, you can order back-issues from their
website...

Hope this helps,

Terry

Quote:
> In my 9-5 world, I support an automated Word documentation
system, where
> Word will read values from an *.ini file, and then

populate stand-alone
Quote:
> pages with data values, thus creating a new document made
up of the
> individual pages.  Piecemeal, but it works.
> One of the new behaviors of Word 2000, is that when a
window is activated
> via a new document, it is maximized.
> Another is the decision of the part of Microsoft to have
Word launch
> successive documents in their own window, thus adding

clutter to an already
Quote:
> crowded taskbar space.
> I have looked for robust source code where I can borrow
some insight, but
> have not yet found any as of yet.
> Q1. What I need it to have Word 2000 work like Word97 and
keep the windows
> minimized and not multiple instanced.
> Q2. Has anyone got a good source of Word 2000
macros/snippets.

> Cheers,
> Jim O'Hara

Fri, 12 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Word 2000 Macros -- Stupid Pet Tricks?
Hi Jim,

This is a link to the article that Terry mentioned:
http://www.officevba.com/features/1999/11/vba199911hk_f/vba199911hk_f...

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid
Microsoft Word MVP

Quote:
> Jim,

> In the November 1999 issue of Microsoft Office & Visual
> Basic for Applications Developer magazine, there was an
> excellent article under the VBA Hacker section titled
> "Fighting Desktop Pollution: Cleaning up Word 2000's Single
> Document Interface" that should help you; you can check
> www.officevba.com to see if the article is included on their
> website; if not, you can order back-issues from their
> website...

> Hope this helps,

> Terry

> > In my 9-5 world, I support an automated Word documentation
> system, where
> > Word will read values from an *.ini file, and then
> populate stand-alone
> > pages with data values, thus creating a new document made
> up of the
> > individual pages.  Piecemeal, but it works.
> > One of the new behaviors of Word 2000, is that when a
> window is activated
> > via a new document, it is maximized.
> > Another is the decision of the part of Microsoft to have
> Word launch
> > successive documents in their own window, thus adding
> clutter to an already
> > crowded taskbar space.
> > I have looked for robust source code where I can borrow
> some insight, but
> > have not yet found any as of yet.
> > Q1. What I need it to have Word 2000 work like Word97 and
> keep the windows
> > minimized and not multiple instanced.
> > Q2. Has anyone got a good source of Word 2000
> macros/snippets.

> > Cheers,
> > Jim O'Hara

Sat, 13 Jul 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Macro to convert currency to words - Word 2000

2. Word 6.0 macro under word 2000

3. My Word 97 macros don't run in Word 2000

4. Macros under word 6.0 and word 2000

5. Word 2000 macro running under Word 97

6. How do you send Outlook 2000 email using WORD 97 VBA Macro

7. Running a macro with arguments on Word 2000 startup

8. Import Macro from Word 2000

9. Calling Word 2000 from OL2002 macro

10. Running a Microsoft Word Macro from Outlook 2000

11. Call a Word 97 Macro from Outlook 2000

12. Refresh at end of macro in Word 2000?