2000 mdb won't stay compiled
Author Message
 2000 mdb won't stay compiled

Hi,
I have a fairly large mdb that doesn't stay compiled. If it were a 97 I
would run the decompile and the re-compile and everything would be fine.
What is the solution for a 2000 mdb? I doesn't seem like there is a
de-compile.

Thanks much.

Wed, 31 Dec 2003 10:39:36 GMT
 2000 mdb won't stay compiled
Actually, there is a decompile switch. It is undocumented.
Use it on the command line (on a COPY of your db.)

See this site and www.trigeminal.com for more info.
--
Joe
Access MVP

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have a fairly large mdb that doesn't stay compiled. If it were a 97 I
> would run the decompile and the re-compile and everything would be fine.
> What is the solution for a 2000 mdb? I doesn't seem like there is a
> de-compile.

> Thanks much.

Wed, 31 Dec 2003 11:32:52 GMT
 2000 mdb won't stay compiled
Joe,
I cannot get this switch to work with Access 2000. I just get an error
message saying that it cannot find the file or one of it's components.

Thanks.

Quote:
> Actually, there is a decompile switch. It is undocumented.
> Use it on the command line (on a COPY of your db.)

> See this site and www.trigeminal.com for more info.
> --
> Joe
> Access MVP
> Check out Dev Ashish's web site for answers to common questions
> http://www.mvps.org/access/

> > Hi,
> > I have a fairly large mdb that doesn't stay compiled. If it were a 97 I
> > would run the decompile and the re-compile and everything would be fine.
> > What is the solution for a 2000 mdb? I doesn't seem like there is a
> > de-compile.

> > Thanks much.

Thu, 01 Jan 2004 10:30:05 GMT
 2000 mdb won't stay compiled
In this case, you are calling it wrong. I assure you that it works in Access
2000 if you do it right.

Can you post the exact command line you are using?

--
MichKa

the only book on internationalization in VB at
http://www.i18nWithVB.com/

Quote:
> Joe,
> I cannot get this switch to work with Access 2000. I just get an error
> message saying that it cannot find the file or one of it's components.

> Thanks.

> > Actually, there is a decompile switch. It is undocumented.
> > Use it on the command line (on a COPY of your db.)

> > See this site and www.trigeminal.com for more info.
> > --
> > Joe
> > Access MVP
> > Check out Dev Ashish's web site for answers to common questions
> > http://www.mvps.org/access/

> > > Hi,
> > > I have a fairly large mdb that doesn't stay compiled. If it were a 97
> > > would run the decompile and the re-compile and everything would be
fine.
> > > What is the solution for a 2000 mdb? I doesn't seem like there is a
> > > de-compile.

> > > Thanks much.

Thu, 01 Jan 2004 11:28:37 GMT
 2000 mdb won't stay compiled

Quote:
> message saying that it cannot find the file or one of it's components.

Well, there is why it won't stay compiled......

(david)

Quote:

> Joe,
> I cannot get this switch to work with Access 2000. I just get an error
> message saying that it cannot find the file or one of it's components.

> Thanks.

> > Actually, there is a decompile switch. It is undocumented.
> > Use it on the command line (on a COPY of your db.)

> > See this site and www.trigeminal.com for more info.
> > --
> > Joe
> > Access MVP
> > Check out Dev Ashish's web site for answers to common questions
> > http://www.mvps.org/access/

> > > Hi,
> > > I have a fairly large mdb that doesn't stay compiled. If it were a 97 I
> > > would run the decompile and the re-compile and everything would be fine.
> > > What is the solution for a 2000 mdb? I doesn't seem like there is a
> > > de-compile.

> > > Thanks much.

Thu, 01 Jan 2004 16:27:47 GMT
 2000 mdb won't stay compiled
On Sat, 14 Jul 2001 21:30:05 -0500, "LMM"

Quote:

>Joe,
>I cannot get this switch to work with Access 2000. I just get an error
>message saying that it cannot find the file or one of it's components.

>Thanks.

Sounds like you may have Access installed someplace other than the
default path - use Search to find msaccess.exe (the A2K edition if you
have multiple versions installed).  Also, be sure to enclose the
entire path to msaccess.exe *and* the entire path to your .mdb file in
quotes, any blanks in directory names will throw things off.

           John W. Vinson[MVP]
http://go.compuserve.com/msdevapps?loc=us&access=public

Fri, 02 Jan 2004 04:56:27 GMT
 2000 mdb won't stay compiled
Hi.

Try creating a new database and import all tables, queries, etc. from the
other database. Don't forget to select any additional references you
selected in the other database. This often helps and can reduce the size
too.

Quote:
> Hi,
> I have a fairly large mdb that doesn't stay compiled. If it were a 97 I
> would run the decompile and the re-compile and everything would be fine.
> What is the solution for a 2000 mdb? I doesn't seem like there is a
> de-compile.

> Thanks much.

Sat, 03 Jan 2004 05:33:46 GMT

1. won't stay compiled

2. Win 2000 Offline files doesn't work with mdb

3. Compiled in Win ME won't run in Win98

4. ScreenUpdating won't stay deactivated.

5. Controls won't stay put on inherited winform

6. Mouse cursor won't stay set.

7. Multiple forms, won't stay in taskbar?

8. Command button won't stay down ??

9. DBGrid text wrap - won't stay wrapped!

10. MaskEdit Control Won't stay 3-D

11. Why printer object won't stay reset to correct font/size

12. Com DLL won't stay in memory