Reversing Cap Lock Typing
Author Message
 Reversing Cap Lock Typing

Is there a way to change the text to undo the effect that
leaving the Cap Lock on causes. I don't know how many
times I hit the Cap lock and have to retype everything. Is
there a way to reverse the effects without retyping. In
other words make the Capital Letters small and the small
letters capital. Just wondering?
 Thank You,

Chris

Mon, 29 Aug 2005 23:15:27 GMT
 Reversing Cap Lock Typing
Hi, Chris,

If you have checked the option "Correct accidental usage of cAPS LOCK key"
in Tools | AutoCorrect, then typing any word with one lower case letter
followed by caps will cause it to reverse the case of all the letters in the
word and turn off the caps lock key.

If you don't have that option checked, or if it's in old text, you can
select that text and do one of the following:

- Press Shift+F3 one, two, or three times. It cycles the case of the
selected text through title case (first letter of each word capitalized),
all caps, and all lower case. The fourth Shift+F3 loops back to title case.
This is quick but doesn't offer two useful alternatives.

- Go to Format | Change Case. This dialog has the same three choices as
Shift+F3, plus sentence case (one cap at the beginning of each sentence --
that is, following sentence-ending puctuation -- and the rest all lower
case) and toggle case (the thing you asked for).

--
Regards,
Jay Freedman

Quote:

> Is there a way to change the text to undo the effect that
> leaving the Cap Lock on causes. I don't know how many
> times I hit the Cap lock and have to retype everything. Is
> there a way to reverse the effects without retyping. In
> other words make the Capital Letters small and the small
> letters capital. Just wondering?
>  Thank You,

> Chris

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 00:04:54 GMT
 Reversing Cap Lock Typing
Thank you Jay for your valuable help. I appreciate it.
Sincerely,

Chris Knight

Quote:

Tue, 30 Aug 2005 04:54:42 GMT

1. Setting Num Lock and Caps Lock key states

2. GetKeyState for Caps Lock or Num Lock...

3. Caps Lock

4. caps lock

5. Toggling the CAPS Lock key...

6. have caps lock make a sound

7. Setting Caps, Insert and Num Lock programmatically

8. caps lock always on when filling in forms

9. CAPS Lock

10. disabling num, caps, and scroll lock

11. Caps lock

12. Setting caps lock