Enable/Disable the Database Window
Author Message
 Enable/Disable the Database Window

Hi !

I wonder if anyone can help, I have a Database set up which I am intending
to disable the shift key and special keys on to prevent any old user from
accessing the Database Window.  I am wondering if there is any code I can
use to open the Database window (which would likely be attached to a Command
Button on a form), the idea being that Administrators can then open the
Database Window still from within the Database but no other user can gain
access to it in any way.  Is anyone aware of any such code to achieve this ?

Any help would be greatly appreciated !

Regards

Dan

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 16:21:12 GMT
 Enable/Disable the Database Window

Quote:

> Hi !

> I wonder if anyone can help, I have a Database set up which I am intending
> to disable the shift key and special keys on to prevent any old user from
> accessing the Database Window.  I am wondering if there is any code I can
> use to open the Database window (which would likely be attached to a Command
> Button on a form), the idea being that Administrators can then open the
> Database Window still from within the Database but no other user can gain
> access to it in any way.  Is anyone aware of any such code to achieve this ?

> Any help would be greatly appreciated !

> Regards

> Dan

You can open the database window by selecting an object in it (or use
the default object).

e.g.

DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True

--

Tony Oakley (Microsoft Access MVP)
RF900RT

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 17:03:25 GMT
 Enable/Disable the Database Window
Hi !

This worked perfectly, many thanks for your help !

Regards

Dan

Quote:

> > Hi !

> > I wonder if anyone can help, I have a Database set up which I am
intending
> > to disable the shift key and special keys on to prevent any old user
from
> > accessing the Database Window.  I am wondering if there is any code I
can
> > use to open the Database window (which would likely be attached to a
Command
> > Button on a form), the idea being that Administrators can then open the
> > Database Window still from within the Database but no other user can
gain
> > access to it in any way.  Is anyone aware of any such code to achieve
this ?

> > Any help would be greatly appreciated !

> > Regards

> > Dan

> You can open the database window by selecting an object in it (or use
> the default object).

> e.g.

> DoCmd.SelectObject acTable, , True

> --

> Tony Oakley (Microsoft Access MVP)
> RF900RT

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 19:04:01 GMT

1. Removing the [ENABLE MACROS] [DISABLE MACROS] popup window

2. Enable/Disable Windows Forms Controls

3. Disable/Enable a NIC in Windows 2000

4. Enable/Disable user controls in Windows Form

5. Disable/Enable a NIC in Windows 2000

6. Enable and Disable Windows

7. Enable / Disable window refresh

8. Disable/Enable a NIC in Windows 2000

9. disabling the DISABLE/ENABLE macros menu on opening spreadsheet

10. disable the enable/disable macro message

11. Disabling database window and other properties using VB

12. Disable/enable insert key with code?