Button for filling a fill In field ? (Newbie)
Author Message
 Button for filling a fill In field ? (Newbie)

Hi group,

i am trying to build a simple template with a fill-in text field called
"project". How can i fill out the field except using the key F9 ? Maybe
there is a macro which enables a button  ?

Now his field appears on multiple places in my document (eg. Page 1 header,
Page 2+ footer). Is there any way to fill out the field just once and have
the content automatically copied to all other fields "projects" ? Is REF the
right direction ?

Thanks a lot for helping me
Chris

Sun, 15 Feb 2004 02:55:47 GMT
 Button for filling a fill In field ? (Newbie)
Hi Chris,

Maybe you can consider building a small userform. In which case you use a
bookmark in your document and fill it when the user presses a button on the
userform.

For an example see:
"How to create a Userform"
http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/Userforms/CreateAUserForm.htm

If the value is bookmarked you can use a Ref field to repeat this value on
as many places in your document as you like.

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to
the newsgroup.
Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/

Quote:
> Hi group,

> i am trying to build a simple template with a fill-in text field called
> "project". How can i fill out the field except using the key F9 ? Maybe
> there is a macro which enables a button  ?

> Now his field appears on multiple places in my document (eg. Page 1
header,
> Page 2+ footer). Is there any way to fill out the field just once and have
> the content automatically copied to all other fields "projects" ? Is REF
the
> right direction ?

> Thanks a lot for helping me
> Chris

Fri, 27 Feb 2004 19:15:17 GMT

1. Button for filling a fill-In field ? (Newbie)

2. Button for filling a fill-In field ? (Newbie)

3. Auto-filling fields with previous fields' data

4. Fill field in one table from field in another table

5. WebForm : Filling in radio buttons and drop boxes?

6. NEWBEE :- How to get an ins fill work by the touch of a button in vb

7. filling a datagrid at run time - newbie problem

8. Filling multiple datalist boxes - Newbie

9. newbie textbox multiline fill during development

10. filling an array(newbie)

11. filling an array(newbie)

12. filling an array(newbie)