Cant get AutoExec to start automatically
Author Message
 Cant get AutoExec to start automatically

I am using a 3rd party system that just contains a bunch of subs relating to
a custom toolbar.

Problem 1)

I dont know how this toolbar is created, when you open the template the
toolbar is their but there is no code that creates it.

Problem 2)

I cant get anything to run in my

Sub Autoexec procedure.

Its just a template that has a bunch of sub procedures in it, not too in
particular.

Could someone give me a possible reason and solution

Thanks

Mon, 25 Aug 2003 23:25:27 GMT
 Cant get AutoExec to start automatically
Hi Dan,

You can add or modify a toolbar manually by clicking View - Toolbars -
Customize, so there's no rule that the toolbar should be created in code. It
could be made manually and just being saved inside the template.

An autoexec macro runs only when Word is started. Where is your autoexec
macro stored? Is it inside an addin that is loaded from Word's startup
folder or maybe in Normal.dot?
If it's in another template that not is loaded automatically your code
wouldn't run.
If you want to run your code at all times when Word is started store your
template in the folder where Tools - Options - FileLocations- Startup points
to.
If you want it to run whenever a document based on a template is made or
opened name your macro AutoNew or AutoOpen and store it in the template.

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to
the newsgroup.
Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/

| I am using a 3rd party system that just contains a bunch of subs relating
| a custom toolbar.
|
| Problem 1)
|
| I dont know how this toolbar is created, when you open the template the
| toolbar is their but there is no code that creates it.
|
| Problem 2)
|
| I cant get anything to run in my
|
| Sub Autoexec procedure.
|
| Its just a template that has a bunch of sub procedures in it, not too in
| particular.
|
| Could someone give me a possible reason and solution
|
| Thanks

Wed, 27 Aug 2003 08:01:07 GMT

1. Why cant I edit the AutoExec macro

2. Start program automatically when Windows starts

3. Starting sound program(.exe) automatically when screensaver(.scr) starts

4. Starting sound program (.exe) automatically when screensaver (.scr) starts

5. I CANT Start VB32

6. Cant restart web services more than once with command: net start w3svc

7. Cant fix sub from getting error#91

8. Start Access and Run VBA Code Automatically

9. hide code window and start procedure automatically

10. Start Outlook and logon automatically

11. Automatically start code?

12. starting a program automatically...