Using one fill-in field as a bookmark reference for rest of document
Author Message
 Using one fill-in field as a bookmark reference for rest of document

There is probably a very simple solution to this what I
want to know how to do is if when creating a form document
template for users to use in a network/group situation,
how do you get a fill in field that has the same
information but has to be placed in a document many
times.  I know its something to do with bookmarking it and
I also know how to insert fill-in field, but how to get
the two linked together.   Presumably some sort of macro

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 07:17:01 GMT
 Using one fill-in field as a bookmark reference for rest of document
When you create a formfield, like a text box, you are correct it is given a
bookmark name (like Text1).  Place your cursor where you want the data to be
duplicated, click the :Insert" menu and select "Cross reference" ("Insert",
"Reference", "Cross reference" in 2002).  Click the "Reference type"
dropdown and select "Bookmark".  Select your bookmark name you want to use
(Text1).  Make sure you double-click on your text form field and click the
"Calculate on exit" so your information will update as soon as you leave the
field.

Bill Foley
www.pttinc.com

Quote:
> There is probably a very simple solution to this what I
> want to know how to do is if when creating a form document
> template for users to use in a network/group situation,
> how do you get a fill in field that has the same
> information but has to be placed in a document many
> times.  I know its something to do with bookmarking it and
> I also know how to insert fill-in field, but how to get
> the two linked together.   Presumably some sort of macro

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 08:15:37 GMT
 Using one fill-in field as a bookmark reference for rest of document
That's great thanks a million I'll give that a try
Quote:

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 03:50:49 GMT

1. How to reference one field of Access DB to fill cbo

2. Fill field in one table from field in another table

3. Putting bookmark text in document properties field

4. Form Fields In Document Without Bookmarks?

5. Fill Ole Object Field with a word document

6. avoiding searching rest of document

7. Simple Date SQL Errors on One Machine but not all the rest

8. filling an empty treeview by using a populated one

9. Reference form fields between separate documents?

10. Button for filling a fill-In field ? (Newbie)

11. Button for filling a fill-In field ? (Newbie)

12. Word 2002 FILLIN field prompts for FILLIN when printing