DirListBox and FileListBox Controls
Author Message
 DirListBox and FileListBox Controls

In VB6 there are two vary useful controls, DirListBox and FileListBox
that make it easy to set up a form when users have to navigate to a
file.  These don't seem to be available in VBA in Office 2000.  Is it
possible to add these controls so that they become available to my
Word 2000 VBA applications?

Thanks
Gary

Mon, 02 Jun 2003 23:32:50 GMT
 DirListBox and FileListBox Controls

Hi Gary,

No they aren't part of VBA. If you have VB installed, then you can add them
to the tools available by using Tools References. However, your macros won't
then be portable.

The normal approach in Word is to have a "Browse" commandbutton whose Click
event opens the File Open dialog, and notes the name of the file selected.

--
Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP

Quote:
> In VB6 there are two vary useful controls, DirListBox and FileListBox
> that make it easy to set up a form when users have to navigate to a
> file.  These don't seem to be available in VBA in Office 2000.  Is it
> possible to add these controls so that they become available to my
> Word 2000 VBA applications?

> Thanks
> Gary

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 09:19:47 GMT
 DirListBox and FileListBox Controls
dear Jonathan ,

I have the same concern with Gary. I also tried to use the vb6.olb to
reference these controls, but it seems the controls in vb6.olb cannot be
made available in the toolbox in VBA. Does this mean I will have to add
these control at run-time? But
it will be a tough job to layout these controls :-_)

Thanks,
Tony

Quote:
> Hi Gary,

> No they aren't part of VBA. If you have VB installed, then you can add
them
> to the tools available by using Tools References. However, your macros
won't
> then be portable.

> The normal approach in Word is to have a "Browse" commandbutton whose
Click
> event opens the File Open dialog, and notes the name of the file selected.

> --
> Regards
> Jonathan West - Word MVP
> MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
> Conversion to PDF & HTML
> http://www.multilinker.com
> Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
> Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word
questions
> by email

> > In VB6 there are two vary useful controls, DirListBox and FileListBox
> > that make it easy to set up a form when users have to navigate to a
> > file.  These don't seem to be available in VBA in Office 2000.  Is it
> > possible to add these controls so that they become available to my
> > Word 2000 VBA applications?

> > Thanks
> > Gary

Tue, 03 Jun 2003 19:22:44 GMT
 DirListBox and FileListBox Controls
Hi Tony,

You can use Word's own dialogs to do that. Check an example on how to do
this at http://www.mvps.org/word/FAQs/MacrosVBA/GetSaveAsPath.htm

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

Please post replies to the newsgroup so that other readers can contribute or
benefit.

Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/
For direct access to all Microsoft newsgroups:

Quote:
> dear Jonathan ,

> I have the same concern with Gary. I also tried to use the vb6.olb to
> reference these controls, but it seems the controls in vb6.olb cannot be
> made available in the toolbox in VBA. Does this mean I will have to add
> these control at run-time? But
> it will be a tough job to layout these controls :-_)

> Thanks,
> Tony

> > Hi Gary,

> > No they aren't part of VBA. If you have VB installed, then you can add
> them
> > to the tools available by using Tools References. However, your macros
> won't
> > then be portable.

> > The normal approach in Word is to have a "Browse" commandbutton whose
> Click
> > event opens the File Open dialog, and notes the name of the file
selected.

> > --
> > Regards
> > Jonathan West - Word MVP
> > MultiLinker - Automated generation of hyperlinks in Word
> > Conversion to PDF & HTML
> > http://www.multilinker.com
> > Word FAQs at http://www.multilinker.com/wordfaq
> > Please post any follow-up in the newsgroup. I do not reply to Word
> questions
> > by email

> > > In VB6 there are two vary useful controls, DirListBox and FileListBox
> > > that make it easy to set up a form when users have to navigate to a
> > > file.  These don't seem to be available in VBA in Office 2000.  Is it
> > > possible to add these controls so that they become available to my
> > > Word 2000 VBA applications?

> > > Thanks
> > > Gary

Fri, 06 Jun 2003 04:14:35 GMT

1. DriveListBox, DirListBox, FileListBox controls

2. using DirListBox , FileListBox and DriveListBox in a2k

3. DirListBox, FileListBox in a form????

4. adding a drivelistbox,dirlistbox and filelistbox to a user form

5. drivelistbox,dirlistbox and filelistbox

6. DirListBox DriveListBox and FileListBox

7. Synchronizing DriveListBox, DirListBox and FileListBox

8. scrollable FileListBoxes / DirListBoxes

9. VB filelistbox dirlistbox size problem

10. VB filelistbox dirlistbox size problem

11. Horizontal scrollbars on a DirListBox and a FileListBox

12. Combine DirListBox and FileListBox together