Bookmarks, References and Userforms 
Author Message
 Bookmarks, References and Userforms

Hi,

Sorry to have such a newbie question, but can someone explain the correct
method for passing text from userforms to bookmarks and references.

I have seen examples with .InsertBefore but my bookmark has a placeholder so
I want to delete it, not prefix it to the placeholder.

Should I use ranges instead? I am not sure how but I think it was another
suggestion.

If anyone can shed any light on this specifically it would be great.

Thanks



Mon, 04 Apr 2005 01:27:04 GMT  
 Bookmarks, References and Userforms

Hi Santiago,

Try:  ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("xyz").Range.Text = TextBox1.Text

That should delete the bookmark and replace its range with the
desired text.


Word MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word  
Reply ONLY to the newsgroup.  Note: MVPs do not work for Microsoft.
Userform demystification: http://www.speakeasy.org/~mtangard/userforms.html
"Life is nothing if you're not obsessed."  --John Waters

Quote:

> Hi,

> Sorry to have such a newbie question, but can someone explain the correct
> method for passing text from userforms to bookmarks and references.

> I have seen examples with .InsertBefore but my bookmark has a placeholder so
> I want to delete it, not prefix it to the placeholder.

> Should I use ranges instead? I am not sure how but I think it was another
> suggestion.

> If anyone can shed any light on this specifically it would be great.

> Thanks



Mon, 04 Apr 2005 05:20:39 GMT  
 Bookmarks, References and Userforms
thanks mark. this worked.

can I change the case on REFERENCES while leaving the BOOKMARK alone?

The bookmark text should be Uppercase, but the subsequent references should
be TitleCase.

Is there a way I can say:
for all REFERENCES
string = StrConv(string, vbProperCase)

thanks


Quote:

> Hi Santiago,

> Try:  ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("xyz").Range.Text = TextBox1.Text

> That should delete the bookmark and replace its range with the
> desired text.


> Word MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word
> Reply ONLY to the newsgroup.  Note: MVPs do not work for Microsoft.
> Userform demystification:

http://www.speakeasy.org/~mtangard/userforms.html
Quote:
> "Life is nothing if you're not obsessed."  --John Waters


> > Hi,

> > Sorry to have such a newbie question, but can someone explain the
correct
> > method for passing text from userforms to bookmarks and references.

> > I have seen examples with .InsertBefore but my bookmark has a
placeholder so
> > I want to delete it, not prefix it to the placeholder.

> > Should I use ranges instead? I am not sure how but I think it was
another
> > suggestion.

> > If anyone can shed any light on this specifically it would be great.

> > Thanks



Mon, 04 Apr 2005 23:54:45 GMT  
 Bookmarks, References and Userforms
Santiago,

You can add options to the REF field to specify upper, lower, first cap,
or title case.  Watch what happens to the field code when you click each
one in the dialog (Insert-> Field, click OPTIONS button, select from the
list).


Word MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word  
Reply ONLY to the newsgroup.  Note: MVPs do not work for Microsoft.
Userform demystification: http://www.speakeasy.org/~mtangard/userforms.html
"Life is nothing if you're not obsessed."  --John Waters

Quote:

> thanks mark. this worked.

> can I change the case on REFERENCES while leaving the BOOKMARK alone?

> The bookmark text should be Uppercase, but the subsequent references should
> be TitleCase.

> Is there a way I can say:
> for all REFERENCES
> string = StrConv(string, vbProperCase)

> thanks



> > Hi Santiago,

> > Try:  ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("xyz").Range.Text = TextBox1.Text

> > That should delete the bookmark and replace its range with the
> > desired text.


> > Word MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word
> > Reply ONLY to the newsgroup.  Note: MVPs do not work for Microsoft.
> > Userform demystification:
> http://www.speakeasy.org/~mtangard/userforms.html
> > "Life is nothing if you're not obsessed."  --John Waters


> > > Hi,

> > > Sorry to have such a newbie question, but can someone explain the
> correct
> > > method for passing text from userforms to bookmarks and references.

> > > I have seen examples with .InsertBefore but my bookmark has a
> placeholder so
> > > I want to delete it, not prefix it to the placeholder.

> > > Should I use ranges instead? I am not sure how but I think it was
> another
> > > suggestion.

> > > If anyone can shed any light on this specifically it would be great.

> > > Thanks



Tue, 05 Apr 2005 05:29:50 GMT  
 Bookmarks, References and Userforms
That is great, thanks. I never thought to go through the Insert Field menu.
I wont forget it now.
Thanks!


Quote:
> Santiago,

> You can add options to the REF field to specify upper, lower, first cap,
> or title case.  Watch what happens to the field code when you click each
> one in the dialog (Insert-> Field, click OPTIONS button, select from the
> list).


> Word MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word
> Reply ONLY to the newsgroup.  Note: MVPs do not work for Microsoft.
> Userform demystification:

http://www.speakeasy.org/~mtangard/userforms.html
Quote:
> "Life is nothing if you're not obsessed."  --John Waters


> > thanks mark. this worked.

> > can I change the case on REFERENCES while leaving the BOOKMARK alone?

> > The bookmark text should be Uppercase, but the subsequent references
should
> > be TitleCase.

> > Is there a way I can say:
> > for all REFERENCES
> > string = StrConv(string, vbProperCase)

> > thanks



> > > Hi Santiago,

> > > Try:  ActiveDocument.Bookmarks("xyz").Range.Text = TextBox1.Text

> > > That should delete the bookmark and replace its range with the
> > > desired text.


> > > Word MVP FAQ: http://www.mvps.org/word
> > > Reply ONLY to the newsgroup.  Note: MVPs do not work for Microsoft.
> > > Userform demystification:
> > http://www.speakeasy.org/~mtangard/userforms.html
> > > "Life is nothing if you're not obsessed."  --John Waters


> > > > Hi,

> > > > Sorry to have such a newbie question, but can someone explain the
> > correct
> > > > method for passing text from userforms to bookmarks and references.

> > > > I have seen examples with .InsertBefore but my bookmark has a
> > placeholder so
> > > > I want to delete it, not prefix it to the placeholder.

> > > > Should I use ranges instead? I am not sure how but I think it was
> > another
> > > > suggestion.

> > > > If anyone can shed any light on this specifically it would be great.

> > > > Thanks



Wed, 06 Apr 2005 01:58:24 GMT  
 
 [ 5 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. Word Bookmarks, Userforms and Updates

2. userforms for bookmarks

3. UserForms, Textboxes & Bookmarks

4. bookmarks & userforms

5. Bookmarks in userforms, how do you populate more then one place

6. Help with Bookmarks and userforms

7. two questions on how to get data entries in userforms into bookmarks (if possible at all)

8. Check Boxes, Userforms Bookmarks

9. referencing bookmarks?

10. Referencing Bookmarks within a Frame/Textbox

11. Referencing Bookmark Text in Forms

12. errors in bookmark references

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software