E-mail from Access to Outlook Express
Author Message
 E-mail from Access to Outlook Express

    I made a mass e-mail form in MS Access which makes one long string
of e-mail addresses to be entered into an Outlook Express BCC field. I
used to use ShellExecute and mailto: to start the message and put the
addresses in the BCC field, but apparently once the string gets to a
certain length, it is just truncated; in which case a lot of e-mail
addresses don't get included. BTW, when I say the string gets truncated,
I mean during the ShellExecute/mailto process. Both MS Access and
Outlook Express don't mind strings this long.

    SendObject doesn't work with Outlook Epress (only fully MAPI
compatible e-mail clients like Outllook [included with MS Office] and MS
Exchange). I am looking for other ideas. I appreciate any help anyone
can offer. Thank you.

Chad Waldman

P.S Please note that I am talking about using Outlook Express (the
e-mail client that came with IE4), NOT MS Outlook. Thank you!

Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 E-mail from Access to Outlook Express
This is incorrect Outlook Express can be used with the
docmd.sendobject

Quote:
>Outlook Express don't mind strings this long.

>    SendObject doesn't work with Outlook Epress (only fully MAPI
>compatible e-mail clients like Outllook [included with MS Office] and MS
>Exchange). I am looking for other ideas. I appreciate any help anyone
>can offer. Thank you.

>Chad Waldman

>P.S Please note that I am talking about using Outlook Express (the
>e-mail client that came with IE4), NOT MS Outlook. Thank you!

Tue, 19 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 E-mail from Access to Outlook Express
How? I tested it on three computers... all producing an error. My syntax
is as follows:

Chad

P.S It may look different on different e-mail clients, but there is only

Quote:

>This is incorrect Outlook Express can be used with the
>docmd.sendobject

>>Outlook Express don't mind strings this long.

>>    SendObject doesn't work with Outlook Epress (only fully MAPI
>>compatible e-mail clients like Outllook [included with MS Office] and
MS
>>Exchange). I am looking for other ideas. I appreciate any help anyone
>>can offer. Thank you.

>>Chad Waldman

>>P.S Please note that I am talking about using Outlook Express (the
>>e-mail client that came with IE4), NOT MS Outlook. Thank you!

Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 E-mail from Access to Outlook Express
Chad,
    I just sent you a message with your syntax. I added the fact that I was
sending you a module and the module name. Perhaps you haven'e set Outlook as
the default e-mail program??
John
Quote:

>How? I tested it on three computers... all producing an error. My syntax
>is as follows:

>Chad

>P.S It may look different on different e-mail clients, but there is only

>>This is incorrect Outlook Express can be used with the
>>docmd.sendobject

>>>Outlook Express don't mind strings this long.

>>>    SendObject doesn't work with Outlook Epress (only fully MAPI
>>>compatible e-mail clients like Outllook [included with MS Office] and
>MS
>>>Exchange). I am looking for other ideas. I appreciate any help anyone
>>>can offer. Thank you.

>>>Chad Waldman

>>>P.S Please note that I am talking about using Outlook Express (the
>>>e-mail client that came with IE4), NOT MS Outlook. Thank you!

Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 E-mail from Access to Outlook Express
When you say Outlook, are you talking about the program that came with
MS Office. I am trying to use Outlook Express which is packaged with
IE4. Outlook does support what you are talking about, but Outlook
Express does not.

Thanks anyway.

Chad

P.S Outlook Express is set as default mail program and is set to use
simple MAPI.

s.net>...

Quote:
>Chad,
>    I just sent you a message with your syntax. I added the fact that I
was
>sending you a module and the module name. Perhaps you haven'e set
Outlook as
>the default e-mail program??
>John

Wed, 20 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 E-mail from Access to Outlook Express
Hi John
Will you please also send the syntax to me.

Best Regards
Christian Torp, Denmark

t>...

Quote:
>Chad,
>    I just sent you a message with your syntax. I added the fact that I was
>sending you a module and the module name. Perhaps you haven'e set Outlook
as
>the default e-mail program??
>John

>>How? I tested it on three computers... all producing an error. My syntax
>>is as follows:

>>Chad

>>P.S It may look different on different e-mail clients, but there is only

>>>This is incorrect Outlook Express can be used with the
>>>docmd.sendobject

>>MS

Mon, 25 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. outlook express (sending email in access)

2. Send email with and access Outlook Express inbox???

3. Access Outlook Express Mail File (dbx and mbx)

4. e-mail by outlook express from Access

5. cannot connect outlook to email server, but can connect outlook express

6. Pointers using Outlook/Outlook Express Rules - Sending back tailored emails

7. Creating mail accounts for Outlook/Outlook Express using VB

8. Using Outlook Express or cokpit remote email programs

9. Creating Emails for Outlook Express...

10. Send email to emailadresses with Outlook Express

11. Sending HTML -or- PLAIN TEXT Email via Outlook Express

12. Outlook express HTML Emails