Dialog box....
Author Message
 Dialog box....

Hi Janak

Bill's reply is one possible answer. If you have Office 2000, then there is
another alternative. VBA in O2K allows you to use the vbModeless parameter
to show a modeless UserForm. You can then update the content of its controls
from within your main code.

As for the contents of the Userform, you might be interested to use an
excellent ProgressBar control available for free from www.mvps.org/ccrp/

Regards
Jonathan West - Word MVP
Conversion to PDF & HTML
http://www.*-*-*.com/
Word FAQs at http://www.*-*-*.com/
by email

Quote:

>How could a create a dialog box that would show a user the progress of the
>program so far?

>How could I show a dialog box and still have my code execute instead of
>stopping until the user responds to the dialog box.

>How could I change the text of a dialog box that's already displayed.

>Basically I'm just looking for a way to show the user that the macro(in
>Excel) is working and that it will finish soon.

>            -Janak

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Dialog box....
Hi Janak,

An easy way I use to show the user a longer  macro is working is with a text
box in the user form  that I programmatically change the contents at strategic
intervals:

   With Label1
      .Caption = "Processing the installation..." & Chr(13) &
"Creating/Copying help files..."
      .ForeColor = &HFF0000
   End With
   Do Events

The  "Do Events" command forces the userform to update the text box on the
screen, so the user can see what's happening.

Occam's Razor strikes again!

Hope this helps and have a great day!

--
 ===================================
 ===================================

Quote:

> How could a create a dialog box that would show a user the progress of the
> program so far?

> How could I show a dialog box and still have my code execute instead of
> stopping until the user responds to the dialog box.

> How could I change the text of a dialog box that's already displayed.

> Basically I'm just looking for a way to show the user that the macro(in
> Excel) is working and that it will finish soon.

>             -Janak

Fri, 08 Nov 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Select Directory dialog box like Comm Dialog Box

2. dialog box with list box or combo box

3. Centering a Open Dialog box using the Common dialog

4. Instructions Dialog box radio box to not show any longer

5. newbie Q: text box control on a custom dialog box form

6. Dialog Box with X without Control Box and normal Size

7. Suppressing "Disable Macros" dialog box and suppressing other dialog boxes in word APPLICATION not document

8. How to Turn Off Dialog Box

9. Custom dialog box

10. Showing detail view in Common Dialog Box

11. Use buildin SaveAs dialog box on demand.

12. Automating Find/Replace Dialog box