Adding Property Page - Hello World Sample
Author Message
 Adding Property Page - Hello World Sample

Hi again!

as i posted a thread on 24.10.2k, the property page, is still not working
:-(
Has someone got an hello - world example how to do this, or a step-by-step
manual.

with Outlook2000 - Technical Reference does not work.

regards,
Dominik

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Property Page - Hello World Sample
The examples I've tried from Randy's book work here. The only tricks
to making property pages work is to have the correct Implements
declared, instantiate the container using InitProperties instead of
Init, commenting any of the Implements methods you aren't using so the
compiler doesn't remove them, and declaring NameSpace and/or
Application WithEvents so the correct PropertyPage_Add event fires.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]

Quote:
> Hi again!

> as i posted a thread on 24.10.2k, the property page, is still not
working
> :-(
> Has someone got an hello - world example how to do this, or a
step-by-step
> manual.

Applications
> with Outlook2000 - Technical Reference does not work.

> regards,
> Dominik

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Property Page - Hello World Sample
well, here, it doesn't work, but i didn't want to talk about the book i've
already got, i asked if someone has got an easy Hello Word-Example or a
Step-By-Step.

(in the example of the book, there are registry entries and so on, i don't
need them in a Hello World Example. Only a blank tab in OL2k. nothng else)

regards
dominik

Quote:
> The examples I've tried from Randy's book work here. The only tricks
> to making property pages work is to have the correct Implements
> declared, instantiate the container using InitProperties instead of
> Init, commenting any of the Implements methods you aren't using so the
> compiler doesn't remove them, and declaring NameSpace and/or
> Application WithEvents so the correct PropertyPage_Add event fires.

> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
> Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
> Appendices, Sams

> > Hi again!

> > as i posted a thread on 24.10.2k, the property page, is still not
> working
> > :-(
> > Has someone got an hello - world example how to do this, or a
> step-by-step
> > manual.

> Applications
> > with Outlook2000 - Technical Reference does not work.

> > regards,
> > Dominik

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Property Page - Hello World Sample
There are working examples at Slipstick and CDOLive. Look at
http://www.slipstick.com/dev/comaddins.htm

The PhoneChanger add-in is a working example that provides a folder
property page. The complete book chapter and source code are at
http://www.cdolive.com/prool2k.htm

The complete VB download for it is at
http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#kenphone

That one I know pretty well, so if you have problems with it I could
probably help.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
Appendices, Sams

Quote:
> well, here, it doesn't work, but i didn't want to talk about the
book i've
> already got, i asked if someone has got an easy Hello Word-Example
or a
> Step-By-Step.

> (in the example of the book, there are registry entries and so on, i
don't
> need them in a Hello World Example. Only a blank tab in OL2k. nothng
else)

> regards
> dominik

Sat, 17 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Property Page - Hello World Sample
i download the source made by you....

if open the VB Project file and press the Run (>) Button, open MS OL2k
nothing happens.
there is no Property Page in the options form :-(

regards
dominik

Quote:
> There are working examples at Slipstick and CDOLive. Look at
> http://www.slipstick.com/dev/comaddins.htm

> The PhoneChanger add-in is a working example that provides a folder
> property page. The complete book chapter and source code are at
> http://www.cdolive.com/prool2k.htm

> The complete VB download for it is at
> http://www.slipstick.com/addins/gallery/index.htm#kenphone

> That one I know pretty well, so if you have problems with it I could
> probably help.

> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
> Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
> Appendices, Sams

> > well, here, it doesn't work, but i didn't want to talk about the
> book i've
> > already got, i asked if someone has got an easy Hello Word-Example
> or a
> > Step-By-Step.

> > (in the example of the book, there are registry entries and so on, i
> don't
> > need them in a Hello World Example. Only a blank tab in OL2k. nothng
> else)

> > regards
> > dominik

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Property Page - Hello World Sample
As I said, it is a folder Property Page. If you go to any Contacts
folder and right-click on the folder name in either the Folder List or
in the Outlook Bar you will see Properties. In the Properties there
should be a tab for the PhoneChanger add-in.

The difference is that a folder Property Page uses
NameSpace.PropertyPage_add and a Property Page for Tools|Options uses
Application.PropertyPage_Add. Also, when using a Property Page for
Tools|Options you must use the UserControl_InitProperties event in the
OCX that will be your property page to instantiate the
Outlook.PropertyPageSite container object instead of the
UserControl_Initialize event.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
Appendices, Sams

Quote:
> i download the source made by you....

> if open the VB Project file and press the Run (>) Button, open MS
OL2k
> nothing happens.
> there is no Property Page in the options form :-(

> regards
> dominik

Sun, 18 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Property Page - Hello World Sample
well, i ran your app, started MS Outlook, right clicked at a contact's
folder selected properties and no effect, no Property Page more :-(

regards,
dominik

Quote:
> As I said, it is a folder Property Page. If you go to any Contacts
> folder and right-click on the folder name in either the Folder List or
> in the Outlook Bar you will see Properties. In the Properties there
> should be a tab for the PhoneChanger add-in.

> The difference is that a folder Property Page uses
> NameSpace.PropertyPage_add and a Property Page for Tools|Options uses
> Application.PropertyPage_Add. Also, when using a Property Page for
> Tools|Options you must use the UserControl_InitProperties event in the
> OCX that will be your property page to instantiate the
> Outlook.PropertyPageSite container object instead of the
> UserControl_Initialize event.

> --
> Ken Slovak
> [MVP - Outlook]
> Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
> Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
> Appendices, Sams

> > i download the source made by you....

> > if open the VB Project file and press the Run (>) Button, open MS
> OL2k
> > nothing happens.
> > there is no Property Page in the options form :-(

> > regards
> > dominik

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Adding Property Page - Hello World Sample
Is the add-in showing up as checked in Tools|Options|Other|Advanced
Options|COM Add-in Manager? What version of Outlook? That sample and
the others you've been pointed to have been tried by many people and
they seem to work. There must be something different about your setup.

--
Ken Slovak
[MVP - Outlook]
Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
Appendices, Sams

Quote:
> well, i ran your app, started MS Outlook, right clicked at a
contact's
> folder selected properties and no effect, no Property Page more :-(

> regards,
> dominik

message

> > As I said, it is a folder Property Page. If you go to any Contacts
> > folder and right-click on the folder name in either the Folder
List or
> > in the Outlook Bar you will see Properties. In the Properties
there
> > should be a tab for the PhoneChanger add-in.

> > The difference is that a folder Property Page uses
> > NameSpace.PropertyPage_add and a Property Page for Tools|Options
uses
> > Application.PropertyPage_Add. Also, when using a Property Page for
> > Tools|Options you must use the UserControl_InitProperties event in
the
> > OCX that will be your property page to instantiate the
> > Outlook.PropertyPageSite container object instead of the
> > UserControl_Initialize event.

> > --
> > Ken Slovak
> > [MVP - Outlook]
> > Lead Author, Professional Outlook 2000 Programming, Wrox Press
> > Co-author of "Programming Microsoft Outlook 2000", Chapters 8-13,
> > Appendices, Sams

> > > i download the source made by you....

> > > if open the VB Project file and press the Run (>) Button, open
MS
> > OL2k
> > > nothing happens.
> > > there is no Property Page in the options form :-(

> > > regards
> > > dominik

Mon, 19 May 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Hello World Sample causing button and form to be very small

2. Hello world prints out rubbish

3. Hello world!

4. Please ignore last posting: "hello world"

5. Hello World Program

6. hello world

7. Hello World

8. Hello World

9. Hello World from command prompt

10. Visual J++ 6.0 Hello world example won't compile

11. Hello World Code Size

12. Need Hello World example