Stop showing alerts when sending mail by code.
Author Message
 Stop showing alerts when sending mail by code.

Hi. I have a code in an Access stabase that sends mail via code.

How can i stop outllok from asking "do you want to....", besides from
turning to low security?

Strangelly, access VBA is the only one that hasn't aquiered the digital
signature feature (strange, as office VBA seems to be one hole
packeage).-...

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:50:20 GMT
 Stop showing alerts when sending mail by code.
This has nothing to do with digital signatures. The security dialogs that pop up when an application tries to access certain Outlook properties and methods are designed to inhibit the spread of viruses via Outlook; see http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec. If you are a standalone user, Outlook provides no way to suppress this behavior. However, you can use a free tool called Express ClickYes (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) to click the security dialog buttons automatically. Beware that this means if a virus tries to send mail using Outlook or gain access to your address book, it will succeed.

If you're the administrator in an Exchange Server environment, you can reduce the impact of the security prompts with administrative tools. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup/admin.htm

If it's an application you wrote yourself, you can use one of these approaches to redo the program:

    -- Use Extended MAPI (see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/mapi.htm) and C++ or Delphi; this is the most secure method and the only one that Microsoft recommendeds.

    -- Use Redemption (http://www.dimastr.com/redemption/), a third-party COM library that wraps around Extended MAPI but parallels the Outlook Object Model

    -- Use SendKeys to "click" the buttons on the security dialogs that your application may trigger. See http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/esecup.htm#autosec for a link to sample code.

    -- Program the free Express ClickYes (http://www.express-soft.com/mailmate/clickyes.html) tool to start suspended and turn it on only when your program needs to have the buttons clicked automatically.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Hi. I have a code in an Access stabase that sends mail via code.

> How can i stop outllok from asking "do you want to....", besides from
> turning to low security?

> Strangelly, access VBA is the only one that hasn't aquiered the digital
> signature feature (strange, as office VBA seems to be one hole
> packeage).-...

Mon, 08 Aug 2005 21:19:58 GMT

1. Virus Alert while sending mails in the draft box of outlook (XP) using VB

2. Sending an Outlook mail from my VBA-code doesn't close the mail windows

3. Send Mail Without Leaving Message in Sent Mail

4. ***NEWBIE ALERT***NEWBIE ALERT***NEWBIE ALERT***

5. Stop IE alert box from VB???

6. VBA code to send an email message through Lotus Notes mail interface

7. Access VB Code to E-mail Doesn't Send

8. Outlook98 Security warning while sending mail from VB Code

9. Sending Mail Item in VBA Code

10. VBA Code to send via different mail account

11. sending e-mail from code

12. Sending Mail Code