CDO.dll --> Retrieve Address Book
Author Message
 CDO.dll --> Retrieve Address Book

Dear all,

I'm currently exploring the use of CDO.dll (MAPI.session) to retrieve Global
Address List & Personal Contacts in VB.

The program I developed is running perfectly if it is being installed in the
Exchange server itself.  However, I do encounter programs when I packaged it
and deployed it over other workstations running Win2k Professional.

Problems occur over the following codes

Set objSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
objSession.Logon strUsername, strPassword, False, False, False, False,
strServerName & vbLf & strUsername

It loads up a screen for me to enter username, domain and password again.

I desperately need this program to be run over workstation in Win2k
Professional or NT 4.0 Workstation.  I need those parameters to be passed in
automatically in stead of entering it manually.  Simply b'coz I want to
develop a background process / function that accepts those parameters and
access the Personal Address Book and Global Address List for other
operations.  By the way, my program is running fne if those information are
entered manually through the pop-up login screen.

Could anyone give me some hints on how to solve this error?

Thank you.

Regards,
Hong Teng

Mon, 01 Sep 2003 17:44:02 GMT
 CDO.dll --> Retrieve Address Book
What kind of logon are you trying to do? You're specifying a profile name
and using a ProfileInfo string (dynamic logon). If you use ProfileInfo, then
the profile name is ignored.  But if you need to access the Personal Address
Book of the user, then you must use a profile name and not a dynamic logon.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
Author of

> Dear all,

> I'm currently exploring the use of CDO.dll (MAPI.session) to retrieve
Global
> Address List & Personal Contacts in VB.

> The program I developed is running perfectly if it is being installed in
the
> Exchange server itself.  However, I do encounter programs when I packaged
it
> and deployed it over other workstations running Win2k Professional.

> Problems occur over the following codes

> Set objSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
> objSession.Logon strUsername, strPassword, False, False, False, False,
> strServerName & vbLf & strUsername

> It loads up a screen for me to enter username, domain and password again.

> I desperately need this program to be run over workstation in Win2k
> Professional or NT 4.0 Workstation.  I need those parameters to be passed
in
> automatically in stead of entering it manually.  Simply b'coz I want to
> develop a background process / function that accepts those parameters and
> access the Personal Address Book and Global Address List for other
> operations.  By the way, my program is running fne if those information
are
> entered manually through the pop-up login screen.

> Could anyone give me some hints on how to solve this error?

> Thank you.

> Regards,
> Hong Teng

Fri, 05 Sep 2003 09:44:33 GMT
 CDO.dll --> Retrieve Address Book
Post a little more your code and see if someone notices the error...

Quote:
> Dear all,

> I'm currently exploring the use of CDO.dll (MAPI.session) to retrieve
Global
> Address List & Personal Contacts in VB.

> The program I developed is running perfectly if it is being installed in
the
> Exchange server itself.  However, I do encounter programs when I packaged
it
> and deployed it over other workstations running Win2k Professional.

> Problems occur over the following codes

> Set objSession = CreateObject("MAPI.Session")
> objSession.Logon strUsername, strPassword, False, False, False, False,
> strServerName & vbLf & strUsername

> It loads up a screen for me to enter username, domain and password again.

> I desperately need this program to be run over workstation in Win2k
> Professional or NT 4.0 Workstation.  I need those parameters to be passed
in
> automatically in stead of entering it manually.  Simply b'coz I want to
> develop a background process / function that accepts those parameters and
> access the Personal Address Book and Global Address List for other
> operations.  By the way, my program is running fne if those information
are
> entered manually through the pop-up login screen.

> Could anyone give me some hints on how to solve this error?

> Thank you.

> Regards,
> Hong Teng

Sat, 06 Sep 2003 02:04:51 GMT

1. cdo problem retrieving business address from entry in address book

2. Global Address Book enrtry and CDO object properties

3. howto write address book for outlook 2000 in vb/cdo

4. Problems in manupulatiing Address book using CDO

5. Using the CDO Address Book method

6. Code to change Address Book Default Address book view

7. CDONTS.NewMail >>> CDO.Message

8. CDONTS.NewMail >>> CDO.Message

9. Retrieving Address Book

10. Retrieving Address Book

11. Retrieving Address Book

12. Retrieving Outlook Address Book Info