Creating a uniqued record number with outside fields
Author Message
 Creating a uniqued record number with outside fields

Aloha from Hawaii!

I am attempting to create a unique field identifier for a
table.

In form creation I am able to do this easily by simply
combining fields.

I need to combine a series of number or text fields into
a string from a table to a unique_number field to create
a unique identifier for a given record which cannot be
duplicated.

Any help would be appreciated.

Tue, 01 Jun 2004 02:15:41 GMT
 Creating a uniqued record number with outside fields
In table design view, select all three fields, then click
the primary key button on the toolbar. The primary key
will be the combination of all three fields

Tom

Quote:

Wed, 02 Jun 2004 01:00:00 GMT

1. When you create a field each field has a id number (field number) (how can you edit this number)

2. The contents of fields on the reports grows outside limits of field width

3. Acc97:Obtaining Auto Number field value after adding a record

4. Reading a file with unknown number of fields in record

5. Reading records from an ASCII file with varying number of fields

6. Total number of fields in current record greater than zero

7. 'Record Number' (total) field

8. Creating Record Numbers

9. Creating Record Number at a report using ActiveX data report in VB 6

10. Reading a field and using that field to place a number in another field

11. Creating Custom Auto Number Fields

12. Creating Custom Auto Number Fields