Keyboard Movement Between Option Buttons
Author Message
 Keyboard Movement Between Option Buttons

Quote:

>I have created a userform to allow selection among various documents. The
>choice is made with option controls. The focus can be moved from the
>keyboard and in the correct order. But to chose the control with the focus
>requires clicking it with the mouse. Am I overlooking a userform property
>setting or some other technique to provide a keyboard equivalent to the
>mouse click?

When an option button or a checkbox has the focus, press the space bar to
select it (or, for a checkbox, to deselect it). This isn't just Word, it's
standard for all option controls implemented out of the Windows Common
Controls.

HTH

Sat, 04 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Keyboard Movement Between Option Buttons

I have created a userform to allow selection among various documents. The
choice is made with option controls. The focus can be moved from the
keyboard and in the correct order. But to chose the control with the focus
requires clicking it with the mouse. Am I overlooking a userform property
setting or some other technique to provide a keyboard equivalent to the
mouse click?

Sun, 05 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT
 Keyboard Movement Between Option Buttons
Hello:
I too have experienced this frustration.
After writing some macros (setting up the tab order everytime), I have noted
that sometime the text insertion pointer does not appear flashing in the
control with the specified focus. I have never been able to solve this
phenomena. Can anyone explain why the insetion pointer does not always flash
in the control, set at the top of the tab list?
Next time it happens, I will try hitting the space bar first to see if it
activates the first control as has been suggested.
Norman
Quote:

>>I have created a userform to allow selection among various documents. The
>>choice is made with option controls. The focus can be moved from the
>>keyboard and in the correct order. But to chose the control with the focus
>>requires clicking it with the mouse. Am I overlooking a userform property
>>setting or some other technique to provide a keyboard equivalent to the
>>mouse click?

>When an option button or a checkbox has the focus, press the space bar to
>select it (or, for a checkbox, to deselect it). This isn't just Word, it's
>standard for all option controls implemented out of the Windows Common
>Controls.

>HTH

Tue, 07 Jan 2003 03:00:00 GMT

1. Simulating mouse movements and Clicks on the Keyboard

2. Keyboard and Mouse movement events...

3. Trapping mouse movement, keyboard clicks etc.

4. Option group/option button

5. Option Group/Option Button

6. Option Button - 2 buttons selected at once.

7. Working with an Option Button Array and Checkbox Button Array

8. button movement

9. Capturing Mouse Movement Before Pointer Movement

10. Capturing Mouse Movement Before Pointer Movement

11. Capturing Mouse Movement Before Pointer Movement

12. block a key of the keyboard or the button of mouse