Disable the "Insert" Button
Author Message
 Disable the "Insert" Button

I have a macro in Excel (personal.xls) that runs on
opening to disable the "insert" button as I never
intentionally use it and only end up having to undo or
retype text.
Is there something similar that will work with Word (2000)?

Macro in Excel is:

Sub Auto_Open()
Application.Run "'Personal.xls'!TrapKey"
End Sub

Sub TrapKey()
Application.OnKey "{F1}", "Continue"
End Sub

Sub Continue()
MsgBox "Please use Toolbar for Help!"
End Sub

Thanks for any help.
James

Sun, 23 Oct 2005 20:01:41 GMT
 Disable the "Insert" Button
Hi James,

Perhaps something like this will work:

Sub Document_Open
CustomizationContext  = ActiveDocument
    KeyBindings.Add KeyCategory:=wdKeyCategoryMacro,
KeyCode:=(BuildKeyCode(wdKeyInsert)), Command:="DoNothing"
End Sub

Sub DoNothing
    'ensure the Insert key does nothing
End Sub

HTH and have a great day.

Steve

Quote:
> I have a macro in Excel (personal.xls) that runs on
> opening to disable the "insert" button as I never
> intentionally use it and only end up having to undo or
> retype text.
> Is there something similar that will work with Word (2000)?

> Macro in Excel is:

> Sub Auto_Open()
> Application.Run "'Personal.xls'!TrapKey"
> End Sub

> Sub TrapKey()
> Application.OnKey "{F1}", "Continue"
> End Sub

> Sub Continue()
> MsgBox "Please use Toolbar for Help!"
> End Sub

> Thanks for any help.
> James

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 00:05:45 GMT
 Disable the "Insert" Button
I don't a have a macro solution for this, but my low-tech
solution was to physically pop the "insert" key off my
keyboard.  Works great, I haven't had any problems with
this hideous "feature" since I did it.  It does look
weird, but that's a small price to pay!

Quote:

Mon, 24 Oct 2005 05:58:14 GMT

1. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

2. Disabling "BACK"/"FORWARD" buttons

3. Disable Application Quit ("X") Button

4. Disable "Add button" from toolbar

5. How to disable "PrintScreen" button

6. How to disable the "close" button

7. disable "X" (close button) in ControlBox

8. Disable "Back" Button

9. How to disable the "Back" button

10. Disabling "close button" in a form

11. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

12. Disable "Item.send" box