Reusing VBA/Access Forms thru DAO/ODBC/ADO
Author Message
 Reusing VBA/Access Forms thru DAO/ODBC/ADO

I have a couple of Access databases complete with forms ala Northwind
and would like to find out if it is possible to display and use these
forms through any of the interfaces provided by DAO or ODBC or other
medium.
I will be making the executable in C++ or delphi to provide extra
non-database functionality and the Developers Edition of Access will not
suffice.
So far the documentation I have waded through only tells how to access
data, but I don't want to have to reimplement the forms and their
functionality, so if I can get at them inside the .mdb (without the
end-user requiring a copy of Access) it would be ideal.
Any simple (or convoluted) solutions I missed?

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Reusing VBA/Access Forms thru DAO/ODBC/ADO

Quote:
> So far the documentation I have waded through only tells how to access
> data, but I don't want to have to reimplement the forms and their
> functionality, so if I can get at them inside the .mdb (without the
> end-user requiring a copy of Access) it would be ideal.
> Any simple (or convoluted) solutions I missed?

No way. Not possible by any means, unless you reverse engineer the MDB file format, find the
forms in there, and find a way to display them yourself (in other words, you can't).  The
only way to display Access forms is via some form of Access.

Did you consider using the run-time version of Access, available as part of the Office
DEveloper Edition, which allows for royalty-free distribution of the Access executable files?
-- Ken

Mon, 12 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Reusing VBA/Access Forms thru DAO/ODBC/ADO
There is a product from GFM (Greenwich Financial Modeling Inc) that's
supposed to convert Access to Visual Basic.
I've not used it (yet).

 There is a Demo version for d/l on their web site - I've forgotten the
exact url, but it's something like:

www.gfminc.com

If that's wrong do a search for 'Greenwich Financial Modelling.

HTH
Mike

Quote:

>I have a couple of Access databases complete with forms ala Northwind
>and would like to find out if it is possible to display and use these
>forms through any of the interfaces provided by DAO or ODBC or other
>medium.
>I will be making the executable in C++ or Delphi to provide extra
>non-database functionality and the Developers Edition of Access will not
>suffice.
>So far the documentation I have waded through only tells how to access
>data, but I don't want to have to reimplement the forms and their
>functionality, so if I can get at them inside the .mdb (without the
>end-user requiring a copy of Access) it would be ideal.
>Any simple (or convoluted) solutions I missed?

Tue, 13 Mar 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help Connection to Access thru ODBC using DAO

2. Unable to reuse ADO.Recordset connection using VBA script in Excel

3. Problem reusing ADO.Recordset object in VBA script in Excel

4. ADO and DAO [in Access VBA]

5. Using the COUNT function in Access accessing db2 tbls thru ODBC

6. ODBC Pass-Thru Qry in VBA

7. HowTo: Reuse ADO Command Params w/ Access 2K DB

8. Using DAO to create pass thru queries in access 2000 - references problem

9. Using DAO to create pass thru queries in access 2000 - references problem

10. Problem accessing Oracle thru ODBC from VB 5.0

11. Help: Access Sybase thru ODBC?

12. VB3 using Access 2.0 db thru ODBC