Preventing control toolbox from appearing when document is opened
Author Message
 Preventing control toolbox from appearing when document is opened

I created a Word survey form that I want to send as an
email attachment in Outlook.  The form has mostly check
boxes and a few text boxes.

Whenever the form is received as an attachment and
opened, the control toolbox and design mode button
automatically appear and the form is in design mode.  For
the user to place checks in the check boxes, they must
click the exit design mode button.  This is too much
trouble to ask most of our employees to do just to
complete a survey.

Can anyone assist me on how to configure the form so it
will remain in document mode and the control toolbox will
not appear when it is opened?

Thank you.

Mon, 01 Aug 2005 22:15:57 GMT
 Preventing control toolbox from appearing when document is opened
Hi Dave,

'toggle design mode, if needed
With ActiveDocument
    If .FormsDesign Then .ToggleFormsDesign
End With

'hide Control Toolbox commandbar
CommandBars(30).Visible = False

Krgrds,
Perry

Quote:
> I created a Word survey form that I want to send as an
> email attachment in Outlook.  The form has mostly check
> boxes and a few text boxes.

> Whenever the form is received as an attachment and
> opened, the control toolbox and design mode button
> automatically appear and the form is in design mode.  For
> the user to place checks in the check boxes, they must
> click the exit design mode button.  This is too much
> trouble to ask most of our employees to do just to
> complete a survey.

> Can anyone assist me on how to configure the form so it
> will remain in document mode and the control toolbox will
> not appear when it is opened?

> Thank you.

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 04:56:14 GMT
 Preventing control toolbox from appearing when document is opened
Kerry,

Thanks for taking your time to respond and writing the
code.  You have saved me a tremendous amount of time.

Dave...

Quote:

Tue, 02 Aug 2005 22:14:12 GMT
 Preventing control toolbox from appearing when document is opened
But where should this code be put?  That is, what would be the
'object'/'procedure'?

I have tried putting in <general> and in <document/open>.  Still the
design mode is on when the document is opened.  In fact, I have only
been able to achieve the desired behaviour by lowering the Macro
security level to 'medium'....but this isn't desirable either.

Am I putting the code in the wrong place?
--David

Quote:

> Hi Dave,

> 'toggle design mode, if needed
> With ActiveDocument
>     If .FormsDesign Then .ToggleFormsDesign
> End With

> 'hide Control Toolbox commandbar
> CommandBars(30).Visible = False

> Krgrds,
> Perry

> > I created a Word survey form that I want to send as an
> > email attachment in Outlook.  The form has mostly check
> > boxes and a few text boxes.

> > Whenever the form is received as an attachment and
> > opened, the control toolbox and design mode button
> > automatically appear and the form is in design mode.  For
> > the user to place checks in the check boxes, they must
> > click the exit design mode button.  This is too much
> > trouble to ask most of our employees to do just to
> > complete a survey.

> > Can anyone assist me on how to configure the form so it
> > will remain in document mode and the control toolbox will
> > not appear when it is opened?

> > Thank you.

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 00:59:13 GMT
 Preventing control toolbox from appearing when document is opened
David,

I assumed from Perry's response that the script should be
pasted into the This Document code window of the VB
editor for Word.  It appears to work on my end by doing
this.

Let me know if it works when you try it.

Dave...

Quote:

Quote:
>> Hi Dave,

>> 'toggle design mode, if needed
>> With ActiveDocument
>>     If .FormsDesign Then .ToggleFormsDesign
>> End With

>> 'hide Control Toolbox commandbar
>> CommandBars(30).Visible = False

>> Krgrds,
>> Perry

>> > I created a Word survey form that I want to send as
an
>> > email attachment in Outlook.  The form has mostly
check
>> > boxes and a few text boxes.

>> > Whenever the form is received as an attachment and
>> > opened, the control toolbox and design mode button
>> > automatically appear and the form is in design
mode.  For
>> > the user to place checks in the check boxes, they
must
>> > click the exit design mode button.  This is too much
>> > trouble to ask most of our employees to do just to
>> > complete a survey.

>> > Can anyone assist me on how to configure the form so
it
>> > will remain in document mode and the control toolbox
will
>> > not appear when it is opened?

>> > Thank you.

>.

Wed, 03 Aug 2005 06:20:30 GMT
 Preventing control toolbox from appearing when document is opened
Dave,

Yeah, I knew that much.  I ended up trying it in both
General/Declarations and Document/Open ... and realize of course that
it really doesn't matter.
It is still not working for me.  The only way that I can ensure the
Design Mode is off when the document is opened, is to set the Macro
security to Medium.

However, as I write this, it occurs to me that I misstated the problem
I am having.  My precise problem is that when a document is opened,
the "Exit Design Mode" toolbar (only 1 item on it ....'exit design
mode') appears at the bottom right corner of the screen.  It can be
closed by clicking the button, or right clicking the toolbar (same as
Tools->Customize->Toolbars) and unselecting the "Exit Design Mode"
checkbox.

Upon opening the document, if I move that little toolbar up top with
all the other ones, then save the document, when I reopen the document
the toolbar is back in the lower right corner of the screen.

Documents that I have created without checkboxes (or similar controls)
do not even have the "Exit Design Mode" checkbox in
Tools->Customize->Toolbars

Perhaps my problem is more to do with toolbar management...?
Any more thoughts?
--D

Sun, 07 Aug 2005 01:04:30 GMT

1. Newbie - Control Toolbox Keeps Appearing when macro is run in Office 2000

2. Data Control does not appear in Toolbox - revisited

3. Data Control does not appear in Toolbox

4. ActiveX control does not appear in toolbox

5. ActiveX controls not appearing in toolboxes

6. Bitmap appears when opening document?

7. Preventing Word documents from opening in design mode

8. Prevent word opening a document if macros are disabled

9. Stopping components from appearing in the toolbox

10. Trouble Opening a Word Document with VB.NET,Open member not found in Documents

11. preventing editing of word document in browser control

12. prevent OpenReport action dialog to appear when cancelling print job