On Error Resume Next being ignored
Author Message
 On Error Resume Next being ignored

I have code that runs consistently on Access 2000 running
under windows 98.  All of a sudden when I upgraded to
Window 2000 now On Error Resume Next makes not impact on
following lines and the code hangs.  eg.

On error Resume Next
 DoCmd.DeleteObject acQuery, "myquery"

before if the query didn't exist it just skipped it now it
hangs on it and says it doesn't exist.  I know how to work
around this one in particular but wondered if anyone knows
why this is happening??

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 04:50:38 GMT
 On Error Resume Next being ignored
Christine,  (Make a backup first) Take a look at your references
(Tools/References) in the code window.  If any are as missing, uncheck them,
click OK.  Go back in and re-check them and click ok.  Click Debug/Compile.
Close.  From main menu click Tools/Database Utilities/Compact & Repair.
If none are marked as missing uncheck them anyway click ok.  Go back in and
recheck them, and continue as above.  This has helped me in the past.  HTH!

--
Reggie
-

Quote:
> I have code that runs consistently on Access 2000 running
> under windows 98.  All of a sudden when I upgraded to
> Window 2000 now On Error Resume Next makes not impact on
> following lines and the code hangs.  eg.

> On error Resume Next
>  DoCmd.DeleteObject acQuery, "myquery"

> before if the query didn't exist it just skipped it now it
> hangs on it and says it doesn't exist.  I know how to work
> around this one in particular but wondered if anyone knows
> why this is happening??

Mon, 26 Sep 2005 05:01:36 GMT
 On Error Resume Next being ignored

Quote:

>I have code that runs consistently on Access 2000 running
>under windows 98.  All of a sudden when I upgraded to
>Window 2000 now On Error Resume Next makes not impact on
>following lines and the code hangs.  eg.

>On error Resume Next
> DoCmd.DeleteObject acQuery, "myquery"

>before if the query didn't exist it just skipped it now it
>hangs on it and says it doesn't exist.  I know how to work
>around this one in particular but wondered if anyone knows
>why this is happening??

Check the Error Trapping options in Tools - Options - under
the advanced tab and make sure they are set the way you need
them.  I don't have A2K so they may be different, but at
least in A97 make sure you don't have Break On All Errors
checked.

--
Marsh
MVP [MS Access]

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 00:02:24 GMT
 On Error Resume Next being ignored
Thanks Marshall - you were right on the money.
Quote:

Tue, 27 Sep 2005 01:30:36 GMT

1. On local error resume next Vs on error resuem next

2. On Error Resume Next (but Only with Specific Error, like Err.Number = 70)

3. cmd.Errors.Count Not Working (On Error Resume Next)

4. Runtime error(3012): On error resume next

5. Wish List Vote: Resume and Resume Next in Try blocks

6. Problem with On Error Resume Next in a converted database

7. On Error Resume Next has no effect

8. Resume Next doesn't trap error

9. ON ERROR RESUME NEXT Failure?

10. On Error Resume Next question