Changes to Registry
Author Message
 Changes to Registry

I am writing a macro in Word 2k2 that will make some modifications to the
registry so the user can alter some of their preferences.  I'm looking for
code to;

1. add a new key
2. add a new dword and string to an existing key.
3. change the values of and existing dword and string.

I'm attempting to use ProvateProfileString Property and the like but I'm not
getting anywhere.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

Geoff

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 14:16:22 GMT
 Changes to Registry
Hi Geoff,

You'll need API calls to do that. See the code example RegSettings.Zip that you can download from MVP Karl E. Peterson's site http://www.mvps.org/vb/index2.html?samples.htm

I have an example available that changes the value of a DWord value in the registry. Since a lot of code is involved, I'm not going to post it here. If you want a copy just let me know.

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup.
Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/

Quote:
> I am writing a macro in Word 2k2 that will make some modifications to the
> registry so the user can alter some of their preferences.  I'm looking for
> code to;

> 1. add a new key
> 2. add a new dword and string to an existing key.
> 3. change the values of and existing dword and string.

> I'm attempting to use ProvateProfileString Property and the like but I'm not
> getting anywhere.

> Any help appreciated.

> Thanks

> Geoff

Mon, 09 Aug 2004 17:53:48 GMT
 Changes to Registry
Astrid,

A copy of the code would be most helpful.

Thanks

Geoff

Hi Geoff,

You'll need API calls to do that. See the code example RegSettings.Zip that
you can download from MVP Karl E. Peterson's site
http://www.mvps.org/vb/index2.html?samples.htm

I have an example available that changes the value of a DWord value in the
registry. Since a lot of code is involved, I'm not going to post it here. If
you want a copy just let me know.

Hope this helps,
regards,
Astrid

So that all can benefit from the discussion, please post all follow-ups to
the newsgroup.
Visit the MVP Word FAQ site at http://www.mvps.org/word/

Quote:
> I am writing a macro in Word 2k2 that will make some modifications to the
> registry so the user can alter some of their preferences.  I'm looking for
> code to;

> 1. add a new key
> 2. add a new dword and string to an existing key.
> 3. change the values of and existing dword and string.

> I'm attempting to use ProvateProfileString Property and the like but I'm
not
> getting anywhere.

> Any help appreciated.

> Thanks

> Geoff

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 04:15:43 GMT
 Changes to Registry
MSFT supplies a macro to modify such settings.
If you have Word 2002, look at the Support.dot template.
For Word 2000, look at the Support9.dot template.
For Word 97, look at the Support8.dot template.

You should be able to use/modify the MSFT supplied macro to solve your
problem.

--
Please post your response to the newsgroup. Do not email me a copy of the
message.

http://www.standards.com/; Programming and support for  Word macros,
including converting from WordBasic to VBA; Technical reviewing; Standards;
Product functional/design/specifications

> I am writing a macro in Word 2k2 that will make some modifications to the
> registry so the user can alter some of their preferences.  I'm looking for
> code to;

> 1. add a new key
> 2. add a new dword and string to an existing key.
> 3. change the values of and existing dword and string.

> I'm attempting to use ProvateProfileString Property and the like but I'm
not
> getting anywhere.

> Any help appreciated.

> Thanks

> Geoff

Tue, 10 Aug 2004 06:28:16 GMT

1. change Windows Registry with VBA

2. Changing the Registry

3. Changing the registry via vbscript

4. Change the Registry

5. Changing in Registry

6. Is there a dll for changing win95 registry?

7. How to change the registry??

8. Change 95 Registry w/VB 4 32bit

9. How to change NT Registry values?

10. Changing the Registry RunOnce Key

11. Need Ability to Change the Registry Settings on MyComputer Zone and Internet

12. changing 2K Registry ACLs