How to open a Contact folder in a PST file
Author Message
 How to open a Contact folder in a PST file

I have some code that can access the default Contact
folder, but I can't find a way to open a Contact folder
that is in a different PST file.

Here is the code to open the default Contact folder.

    Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
    Set myContacts = olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts)

TIA,

Fri, 28 May 2004 10:41:07 GMT
 How to open a Contact folder in a PST file
See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/getfolder.htm for a generic method
that gets any folder based on a path string.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
   Outlook and Exchange Solutions

Quote:
> I have some code that can access the default Contact
> folder, but I can't find a way to open a Contact folder
> that is in a different PST file.

> Here is the code to open the default Contact folder.

>     Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
>     Set myContacts =

olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts)
Quote:

> TIA,

Fri, 28 May 2004 21:03:10 GMT
 How to open a Contact folder in a PST file
Thanks, Sue.  I don't have time to try it now but I
will sometime this week.  I'll let you know the outcome.
It looks like it will do what I want.
Thanks, again,
Patrick

Quote:
> See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/getfolder.htm for a generic method
> that gets any folder based on a path string.

> --
> Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
>    Outlook and Exchange Solutions
>    at http://www.slipstick.com

> > I have some code that can access the default Contact
> > folder, but I can't find a way to open a Contact folder
> > that is in a different PST file.

> > Here is the code to open the default Contact folder.

> >     Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
> >     Set myContacts =
> olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts)

> > TIA,

Sat, 29 May 2004 09:53:06 GMT
 How to open a Contact folder in a PST file
Sue, I tried this out tonight and it worked perfectly.
Thanks again,
Patrick Steranka

Quote:
> Thanks, Sue.  I don't have time to try it now but I
> will sometime this week.  I'll let you know the outcome.
> It looks like it will do what I want.
> Thanks, again,
> Patrick

> > See http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/getfolder.htm for a generic method
> > that gets any folder based on a path string.

> > --
> > Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
> >    Outlook and Exchange Solutions
> >    at http://www.slipstick.com

> > > I have some code that can access the default Contact
> > > folder, but I can't find a way to open a Contact folder
> > > that is in a different PST file.

> > > Here is the code to open the default Contact folder.

> > >     Set olApp = New Outlook.Application
> > >     Set myContacts =
> > olApp.GetNamespace("MAPI").GetDefaultFolder(olFolderContacts)

> > > TIA,

Sun, 30 May 2004 12:14:45 GMT

1. Programatically export contacts folder to pst file

2. Determining if a folder is a local pst folder or a imap (server folder)

3. Extract Contact Information From Outlook PST File

4. delete items in DeletedItems Folder of self added .pst file

5. Finding the path of the Personal Folders .pst file programmatically

6. Ability to copy folder from pst file and place it on Harddrive

7. restore PST files into public folder

8. Open & Close pst files with VBA

9. Opening a personal file store (.pst) using VB6.0

10. Code for opening .pst file

11. Opening a *.pst file via code

12. how can i close an opened PST File