Jpeg - Images
Author Message
 Jpeg - Images

Hi all,

Does anyone out there know if its possible for Access to automatically
resize an image. I've got a database that copies images from one dir to
another using the FileCopy command, but is it possible to resize them down
as well?

Any ideas would be appreciate.

PS. If someone knows how to link with Photoshop that might be handy

Cheers

Nick

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 19:34:21 GMT
 Jpeg - Images
This is not a functionality that is included in Access; you'll have to use
another program to do it.  I don't know of any graphics programs like that
which expose an automation interface (maybe others do), but you can always
shell to the other program and send it keystrokes via SendKeys.  The problem
with this approach is that you can't respond to the second program.

    - Turtle

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Does anyone out there know if its possible for Access to automatically
> resize an image. I've got a database that copies images from one dir to
> another using the FileCopy command, but is it possible to resize them down
> as well?

> Any ideas would be appreciate.

> PS. If someone knows how to link with Photoshop that might be handy

> Cheers

> Nick

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 20:34:56 GMT
 Jpeg - Images
I believe you could call Image Magick from the command line using the Shell
command from Access.

Max
http://www.siliconpublishing.org/

Quote:
> This is not a functionality that is included in Access; you'll have to use
> another program to do it.  I don't know of any graphics programs like that
> which expose an automation interface (maybe others do), but you can always
> shell to the other program and send it keystrokes via SendKeys.  The
problem
> with this approach is that you can't respond to the second program.

>     - Turtle

> > Hi all,

> > Does anyone out there know if its possible for Access to automatically
> > resize an image. I've got a database that copies images from one dir to
> > another using the FileCopy command, but is it possible to resize them
down
> > as well?

> > Any ideas would be appreciate.

> > PS. If someone knows how to link with Photoshop that might be handy

> > Cheers

> > Nick

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:49:52 GMT
 Jpeg - Images
This may seem obvious but I found some interesting hits using -  activex
control jpeg  - in my favorite search engine.  I have never tackled this
specific situation.  I have however, done some interesting things with
AutoDesk's activeX control for AutoCad.  HTH

David Siegel

Quote:
> Hi all,

> Does anyone out there know if its possible for Access to automatically
> resize an image. I've got a database that copies images from one dir to
> another using the FileCopy command, but is it possible to resize them down
> as well?

> Any ideas would be appreciate.

> PS. If someone knows how to link with Photoshop that might be handy

> Cheers

> Nick

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:30:19 GMT
 Jpeg - Images
Max Dunn wrote

Quote:
>I believe you could call Image Magick from the command line using
>the Shell command from Access.

There's also LeadTools, although I've only used their API set from VB.

  -- Dev

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 05:12:33 GMT
 Jpeg - Images
Crossposting to so many NG's is bad enough but please stop multiposting.
Take a moment to read the Netiquette FAQ at Dev's place.
http://www.mvps.org/access/netiquette.htm

If you are new to coding with the API's then go with Dev's suggestion
and use a full featured 3'rd party ActiveX control.

IF you like to code and the Images in question are Bitmaps and Jpegs
then have a look at:
http://www.lebans.com/loadsavejpeg.htm
This project uses the Intel Jpeg library to Load, create and save Jpeg
images. Resizing is straightforward as internally the Image is a
DIBSection which can be easily be copied and resized before saving.

To see how to create duplicate DIBSections and how to resize and blit an
Image between them have a look at:
http://www.lebans.com/imageclass.htm
This is a class that wraps a standard Image control to produce a VB like
PictureBox control. I have a new version here that creates a backup DC
and DIBSection for resizing purposes. I'll post it later tonight.

HTH
Stephen Lebans
http://www.lebans.com
Access Code, Tips and Tricks

> Hi all,

> Does anyone out there know if its possible for Access to automatically
> resize an image. I've got a database that copies images from one dir
> another using the FileCopy command, but is it possible to resize them
down
> as well?

> Any ideas would be appreciate.

> PS. If someone knows how to link with Photoshop that might be handy

> Cheers

> Nick

Sun, 21 Sep 2003 08:03:25 GMT
 Jpeg - Images

Quote:

>Does anyone out there know if its possible for Access to automatically
>resize an image. I've got a database that copies images from one dir to
>another using the FileCopy command, but is it possible to resize them down
>as well?

You'll need to use a 3rd party control for this functionality.  One a
member of our local user group liked was from www.pegasustools.com.
It was for mug shots.  Put in the range of parameters for the
suspected perp, ie size, sex, etc and up come the mug shots for just
those you're interested in.

Tony
----
Tony Toews, Microsoft Access MVP
read the entire thread of messages.
http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

Mon, 22 Sep 2003 03:12:58 GMT

1. How to retrieve still Jpeg images from Jpeg AVI File

2. load a Jpeg image into a picturebox or image control

3. JPEG image file reduction

4. Plotting of points (polar coordinates) on a JPEG image

5. jpeg images

6. Plotting of points (polar coordinates) on a JPEG image

7. JPEG Image OCX

8. GIf....JPEG.....images for VB 40

9. Adding text to jpeg images (annotations)

10. VB 4.0 and JPEG images

11. Using JPEG images with VB ?

12. JPEG images