Word VBA AutoNew macros fail to start
Author Message
 Word VBA AutoNew macros fail to start

I am creating a document generator using Word 2000 VBA (my
first VBA project) and I have a problem...

The document template contains code in the AutoNew code
module that is intended to present the user with
a 'Document Type' selection form at startup prior to
generating the required document.
This all works fine when I and other users try to launch
the template directly from Explorer.

When I put a link to the document template on our intranet
site the application runs OK for me - a new document is
created based on the template and the selection menu is
presented.
However for other users a new document is created but the
AutoNew macro is not activated and thus no selection menu
is presented.

Any help would be very gratefully received (before it
drives me to drink! (even more!))

Thanks,
Jim

Sun, 14 Aug 2005 23:37:56 GMT
 Word VBA AutoNew macros fail to start

Quote:
>I am creating a document generator using Word 2000 VBA (my
>first VBA project) and I have a problem...

>The document template contains code in the AutoNew code
>module that is intended to present the user with
>a 'Document Type' selection form at startup prior to
>generating the required document.
>This all works fine when I and other users try to launch
>the template directly from Explorer.

>When I put a link to the document template on our intranet
>site the application runs OK for me - a new document is
>created based on the template and the selection menu is
>presented.
>However for other users a new document is created but the
>AutoNew macro is not activated and thus no selection menu
>is presented.

>Any help would be very gratefully received (before it
>drives me to drink! (even more!))

>Thanks,
>Jim

This, and many more reasons discussed in my Spellbooks, is why I use
the intranet to distribute an install package for the template to
install it on the local machine.

Steve Hudson - Word Heretic, Sydney, Australia
I can do tricky stuff with Word or words for you.

Products: http://www.geocities.com/word_heretic/products.html
Spellbooks: 1558 pages of dump left and dropping...

The VBA Beginner's Spellbook is now available!
The first graphical representation of the Word object model
and an extensive checklist for functional template development.
Perfect for everyone at every level of VBA usage.

Fri, 16 Sep 2005 09:22:13 GMT

1. Automatically Start a macro in a Word document when openend (VBA)

2. Macro not starting when starting word 97 with /m command

3. WORD X: VBA macro including find/replace with styles much slower than regular macro

4. Word 97 - Userform within Word VBA macro and exchange of values

5. AutoNew fails to execute from command line

6. AutoNew Macro

7. AutoNew: Run macro when new drawing is created?

8. Autonew macro prompt

9. template question/normal.dot/autonew macro

10. template question/normal.dot/autonew macro

11. HELP! autonew macro

12. Forms, User Forms and the AutoNew macro.