Decompling failing with "Save Error," et al.
Author Message
 Decompling failing with "Save Error," et al.

When trying to decompile an MDB, I get the following series of errors:

The save operation failed

I press OK, and get this:

File not found

I press OK, and get this:

The expression On Open you entered as the event property setting
produced the following error: File not found.

* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a
user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]
* There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or
macro.

I have looked through all the On Open code in my forms and reports and
everything looks fine.  When I press help on the second error, it
says:

<QUOTE HELP FILE>
The file was not found where specified. This error has the following
causes and solutions:

     A statement, for example, Kill, Name, or Open, refers to a
file that doesn't exist.

Check the spelling of the file name and the path specification.

     An attempt has been made to call a procedure in a dynamic-link
library (DLL), but the library file name specified in the Lib clause
of the Declare statement can't be found.

Check the spelling of the file name and the path specification.

     In the development environment, this error occurs if you
attempt to open a project or load a text file that doesn't exist.

Check the spelling of the project name or file name and the path
specification.
</QUOTE HELP FILE>

If it matters, when I try to decompile this MDB, it says it has
upgraded the VB code in _utility.mda_ to the current version.  Then
when I try it again, it decompiles the right MDB, but then fails with
this error.

Could this be caused by a reference to a form, query, table, or ? that
doesn't exist anymore?

This is really frustrating.  Thanks for any help you can give.

j----- k-----

-
Joshua J. Kugler

All opinions are mine, and not my employer's, unless otherwise stated.
I read this news group. Sometimes my ISP doesn't. Please e-mail too.

Sun, 21 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Decompling failing with "Save Error," et al.
Hi Joshua,

  It could be a really hosed db.  Remember, Decompile isn't doc'd anywhere
by MS.  Same goes for the cases where it fails.

  Try exporting out all objects to a new database.

  HTH
  -- Dev

Quote:
>When trying to decompile an MDB, I get the following series of errors:

>The save operation failed

>I press OK, and get this:

>File not found

>I press OK, and get this:

>The expression On Open you entered as the event property setting
>produced the following error: File not found.

>* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a
>user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]
>* There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or
>macro.

>I have looked through all the On Open code in my forms and reports and
>everything looks fine.  When I press help on the second error, it
>says:

><QUOTE HELP FILE>
>The file was not found where specified. This error has the following
>causes and solutions:

> A statement, for example, Kill, Name, or Open, refers to a
>file that doesn't exist.

>Check the spelling of the file name and the path specification.

> An attempt has been made to call a procedure in a dynamic-link
>library (DLL), but the library file name specified in the Lib clause
>of the Declare statement can't be found.

>Check the spelling of the file name and the path specification.

> In the development environment, this error occurs if you
>attempt to open a project or load a text file that doesn't exist.

>Check the spelling of the project name or file name and the path
>specification.
></QUOTE HELP FILE>

>If it matters, when I try to decompile this MDB, it says it has
>upgraded the VB code in _utility.mda_ to the current version.  Then
>when I try it again, it decompiles the right MDB, but then fails with
>this error.

>Could this be caused by a reference to a form, query, table, or ? that
>doesn't exist anymore?

>This is really frustrating.  Thanks for any help you can give.

>j----- k-----

>-
>Joshua J. Kugler

>All opinions are mine, and not my employer's, unless otherwise stated.
>I read this news group. Sometimes my ISP doesn't. Please e-mail too.

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Decompling failing with "Save Error," et al.
[Posted & E-Mailed]

Quote:
>Hi Joshua,

>  It could be a really hosed db.  Remember, Decompile isn't doc'd anywhere
>by MS.  Same goes for the cases where it fails.

>  Try exporting out all objects to a new database.

I did, and it worked fine.  Thanks much.

j----- k-----

Quote:

>  HTH
>  -- Dev

>>When trying to decompile an MDB, I get the following series of errors:

>>The save operation failed

>>I press OK, and get this:

>>File not found

>>I press OK, and get this:

>>The expression On Open you entered as the event property setting
>>produced the following error: File not found.

>>* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a
>>user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]
>>* There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or
>>macro.

>>I have looked through all the On Open code in my forms and reports and
>>everything looks fine.  When I press help on the second error, it
>>says:

>><QUOTE HELP FILE>
>>The file was not found where specified. This error has the following
>>causes and solutions:

>> A statement, for example, Kill, Name, or Open, refers to a
>>file that doesn't exist.

>>Check the spelling of the file name and the path specification.

>> An attempt has been made to call a procedure in a dynamic-link
>>library (DLL), but the library file name specified in the Lib clause
>>of the Declare statement can't be found.

>>Check the spelling of the file name and the path specification.

>> In the development environment, this error occurs if you
>>attempt to open a project or load a text file that doesn't exist.

>>Check the spelling of the project name or file name and the path
>>specification.
>></QUOTE HELP FILE>

>>If it matters, when I try to decompile this MDB, it says it has
>>upgraded the VB code in _utility.mda_ to the current version.  Then
>>when I try it again, it decompiles the right MDB, but then fails with
>>this error.

>>Could this be caused by a reference to a form, query, table, or ? that
>>doesn't exist anymore?

>>This is really frustrating.  Thanks for any help you can give.

>>j----- k-----

>>-
>>Joshua J. Kugler

>>All opinions are mine, and not my employer's, unless otherwise stated.
>>I read this news group. Sometimes my ISP doesn't. Please e-mail too.

-
Joshua J. Kugler

All opinions are mine, and not my employer's, unless otherwise stated.
I read this news group. Sometimes my ISP doesn't. Please e-mail too.

Mon, 22 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Decompling failing with "Save Error," et al.

Hiya, have you tried the JetComp.exe util from microsoft on it?
--
Regards
Pieter Wijnen

http://www.thuleeng.com

Tough guys don't take backup - tough guys cry a lot..

Good site to look for Access answers is:
http://home.att.net/~dashish

  wijnen.vcf
< 1K Download

Sun, 28 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Decompling failing with "Save Error," et al.

[This followup was posted to microsoft.public.access.modulesdaovba and a copy
was sent to the cited author.]

I've read about decompiling here.  How is it done?  According to your post,
it is not a documented method.

Thanks,
Rob

Quote:

> >Hi Joshua,

> >  It could be a really hosed db.  Remember, Decompile isn't doc'd anywhere
> >by MS.  Same goes for the cases where it fails.

> >  Try exporting out all objects to a new database.

> I did, and it worked fine.  Thanks much.

> j----- k-----

> >  HTH
> >  -- Dev

> >>When trying to decompile an MDB, I get the following series of errors:

> >>The save operation failed

> >>I press OK, and get this:

> >>File not found

> >>I press OK, and get this:

> >>The expression On Open you entered as the event property setting
> >>produced the following error: File not found.

> >>* The expression may not result in the name of a macro, the name of a
> >>user-defined function, or [Event Procedure]
> >>* There may have been an error evaluating the function, event, or
> >>macro.

> >>I have looked through all the On Open code in my forms and reports and
> >>everything looks fine.  When I press help on the second error, it
> >>says:

> >><QUOTE HELP FILE>
> >>The file was not found where specified. This error has the following
> >>causes and solutions:

> >> A statement, for example, Kill, Name, or Open, refers to a
> >>file that doesn't exist.

Mon, 12 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Decompling failing with "Save Error," et al.
Hi Robert,

Try these links.

  < http://home.att.net/~dashish/bugs/bugs0008.htm >
  < http://www.trigeminal.com/ >

    HTH
    -- Dev

:
: I've read about decompiling here.  How is it done?  According to your
post,
: it is not a documented method.
:
: Thanks,
: Rob

: >
: > >Hi Joshua,
: > >
: > >  It could be a really hosed db.  Remember, Decompile isn't doc'd
anywhere
: > >by MS.  Same goes for the cases where it fails.
: > >
: > >  Try exporting out all objects to a new database.
: >
: > I did, and it worked fine.  Thanks much.
: >
: > j----- k-----
: >
: > >
: > >  HTH
: > >  -- Dev
: > >

: > >>When trying to decompile an MDB, I get the following series of errors:
: > >>
: > >>The save operation failed
: > >>
: > >>I press OK, and get this:
: > >>
: > >>File not found
: > >>
: > >>I press OK, and get this:
: > >>
[...]

Tue, 13 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA

2. Excel save/overwrite "fails"

3. GetObject("","InternetExplorer.Application") fails in Excel VBA

4. "load report failed" Error

5. "Error:Fail to render page." problem

6. The error about"Load report failed"

7. "UnhookWindowsEx Failed in OnDestroy" Error Message

8. "Save" errors

9. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

10. Need help, if possible: "SQLSetConnectAttr failed"

11. LoadLibrary("dao350.dll")failed.GetLastError returns 0x00000485

12. HELP: Custom Menubar/"Action Failed" msg