Rich text mass mailing
Author Message
 Rich text mass mailing

I have Access 97 running code to automate Outlook to send
an individual email to selected recipients in the dB. It
works very nicely except that the email generated is a
default font rich text email. I need to include formats
for bold, underline, italics, color and size in the email.

The text box in Access can not handle multiple formats. I
tried using a custom OLE control, Word Pad object, but I
have not found the right code to extract the data (frm!
oleEmailMessage.OleData doesn't work)

Word 2000 mail merge to electronic mail also fails to
carry over formatting despite creating a rich text email
with Word as the email editor.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:07:27 GMT
 Rich text mass mailing
Unless you are 100% certain that all your recipients are using Outlook, you should be sending HTML format, not RTF. That said, no version of Office can do a merge to email to formatted text without putting up security prompts or otherwise causing problems. There are lots of tools for merging to HTML format mail -- see http://www.slipstick.com/addins/mail.htm#massmail -- but I don't know if any can do RTF.

If you want to code it all yourself and use RTF, see http://www.slipstick.com/dev/formatmsg.htm for methods for creating formatted messages.

--
Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP
   Outlook and Exchange Solutions

Quote:

> I have Access 97 running code to automate Outlook to send
> an individual email to selected recipients in the dB. It
> works very nicely except that the email generated is a
> default font rich text email. I need to include formats
> for bold, underline, italics, color and size in the email.

> The text box in Access can not handle multiple formats. I
> tried using a custom OLE control, Word Pad object, but I
> have not found the right code to extract the data (frm!
> oleEmailMessage.OleData doesn't work)

> Word 2000 mail merge to electronic mail also fails to
> carry over formatting despite creating a rich text email
> with Word as the email editor.

Tue, 12 Oct 2004 23:38:03 GMT

1. Creating e-mail is always Rich Text NOT Plain Text

2. Using MAPI to send Rich Text mail

3. How to send a Rich Text File by E-mail

4. Rich text control w/ mail merge

5. Powerful Mass Mailing Software

6. Big problem with sending BCC mass mails

7. mass mail addin updated for Office XP?

8. Mass mailing

9. mass mail addin updated for Office XP?

10. Problem with the MS Outlook mass mail addin

11. Mass Mailing from an VB-Application

12. Mass Mailings with word and OL2K