Email limit with Code
Author Message
 Email limit with Code

Hi:

Anybody knows if there a limit of recipients in the DoCmd.SendObject
sentence? I want to do a mailing and the database have a less 2000 records.

Can I put all them in the same email or I need a do while, or do for
instruction?

Thanks in advance to any answer.

Pc'r

Fri, 11 Mar 2005 22:29:38 GMT
 Email limit with Code
Looping would be best.  That way when your email goes out
it is only going to ONE address instead of thousands.
Certain ISPs and email providers would take one look at an
incoming email message addressed to thousands of people
and see SPAM.

If you do decide to include all (or many at a time)
address, please consider putting receipients name in the
BCC field.  The people you are sending your email to will
appreciate it if their (valid) email address isn't posted
and sent to thousands of other people.  And if there are
any spammers in your list, they won't have access to your
thousands of (valid) email addresses (which is worth big
$$$ as you may or may not know).
--
HTH
Tim Hansen

========================

Quote:

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 01:16:07 GMT
 Email limit with Code
Historically, SendObject was broken.  Unless anyone here says different,
it is still broken.

'Broken' means that it had trouble sending more than a couple of times
per session, and sometimes had trouble sending more than a couple of
characters per message (10-20 characters).

For that reason (again, unless someone says different), I would not
use SendObject for a commercial/production application.

(david)

Quote:
> Hi:

> Anybody knows if there a limit of recipients in the DoCmd.SendObject
> sentence? I want to do a mailing and the database have a less 2000
records.

> Can I put all them in the same email or I need a do while, or do for
> instruction?

> Thanks in advance to any answer.

> Pc'r

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 08:20:14 GMT
 Email limit with Code
David, Thanks for your info, anyway how I can do the mailing?, is there any
solution that you know? I was checking the infacta.com products but it only
accept comma delimited external files to import in (but maybe it could help
me)

Pc'r

Quote:
> Historically, SendObject was broken.  Unless anyone here says different,
> it is still broken.

> 'Broken' means that it had trouble sending more than a couple of times
> per session, and sometimes had trouble sending more than a couple of
> characters per message (10-20 characters).

> For that reason (again, unless someone says different), I would not
> use SendObject for a commercial/production application.

> (david)

> > Hi:

> > Anybody knows if there a limit of recipients in the DoCmd.SendObject
> > sentence? I want to do a mailing and the database have a less 2000
> records.

> > Can I put all them in the same email or I need a do while, or do for
> > instruction?

> > Thanks in advance to any answer.

> > Pc'r

Sat, 12 Mar 2005 21:28:16 GMT

1. 1022 char email limit using CDO.Message

2. 255 limit in SQL in code

3. Newbie question regarding "limiting" code

4. PB 64k limit & output limit

5. Obey speed limit - Bandwith limiting on internet connection

6. Ceate Email in code message (using MAPI?)

7. Need to code sending email to various recipients

8. Message to SteveT re Send Email code

9. code for sending an email

10. VBA code to send an email message through Lotus Notes mail interface

11. Mapi Code to a faxServer instead of a Email person

12. Anyone already coded Parsing Imported Email for fields??