Hidden users
Author Message
 Hidden users

Access 97.
I'd like 2 know if it's possible 2 create a new workspace (with
DBEngine.CreateWorkspace) using the 'Engine' user, and how.
If that's not possible I'd like 2 know if it's possible 2 create a user
that's not visible except thru code, just like the 'Engine' & 'Creator'
users.

Thanks a lot in advanced
Mario Osorio

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Hidden users
You cannot masquerade as Engine or Creator, and there is no way to create
some other user hidden from the UI.

--
MichKa

-------------------------------------
don't send questions by e-mail
unless you're paying for it. :-)

random junk of dubious value is at:
http://www.trigeminal.com

Quote:
> Access 97.
> I'd like 2 know if it's possible 2 create a new workspace (with
> DBEngine.CreateWorkspace) using the 'Engine' user, and how.
> If that's not possible I'd like 2 know if it's possible 2 create a user
> that's not visible except thru code, just like the 'Engine' & 'Creator'
> users.

> Thanks a lot in advanced
> Mario Osorio

Wed, 26 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Question About Showing and Hiding User Forms

2. Map Hidden User Shares

3. Hide BE directory from User

4. Show/Hide tab depending on user

5. Hiding Excel sheets in User Form application

6. How to hide a user property?

7. Hiding the VB code for the user

8. hiding code module subprocedures from user's view

9. Hiding VB code for the user

10. Hiding macro actions from users or viewers

11. Hiding images from prying users!

12. Create a DBgrid column runtime and hide it to the user