Updating display from form.
Author Message
 Updating display from form.

I have created a form that increases the duration of all tasks in a
selection by a user specified number of hours.  The form can also be used to
shift the start time of a task by a user specified number of hours.  The
form is called from a COM Addin and is modal.

My problem....

As I make changes in the form, I want to immediately see the changes
reflected in the Gantt Chart that is open behind the modal form.  I don't
want to wait for the OK button to be pressed to see the changes.

Is there a way to implement an Apply Changes button?  If so, How?

Thanks for your help.

Jonathan

Wed, 17 Sep 2003 07:44:33 GMT
 Updating display from form.
Jonathan

You have created a custom form or Userform ?

I advise you to create a userform and then place the button to apply changes
on it. For example say you want to change the duration of selected tasks.
place textbox1  on the userform to input duration and commandbutton1 to
apply changes . The following will do what you want

Private Sub CommandButton1_Click()        'Apply changes button
    Dim tsk As Task
    For Each tsk In Application.ActiveSelection.Tasks
        If Not tsk Is Nothing Then tsk.Duration = TextBox1.Text
    Next
    Application.CalculateProject
End Sub

Regards
Venkata Krishna

Quote:
> I have created a form that increases the duration of all tasks in a
> selection by a user specified number of hours.  The form can also be used
> shift the start time of a task by a user specified number of hours.  The
> form is called from a COM Addin and is modal.

> My problem....

> As I make changes in the form, I want to immediately see the changes
> reflected in the Gantt Chart that is open behind the modal form.  I don't
> want to wait for the OK button to be pressed to see the changes.

> Is there a way to implement an Apply Changes button?  If so, How?

> Thanks for your help.

> Jonathan

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:41:11 GMT

1. Updating fields not displayed on a form.

2. VB6: How to Freeze Form Display During Updates

3. display form while a modal form is displayed

4. updating controls on a form when database is updated

5. Custom form to create and Standard form to display

6. Displaying a window form in another window form

7. maximize child form display multiple tool box controls on main form

8. Display Form / Pic Box on other Form

9. How to have form display above another after clicking off form

10. Display Form from a background form

11. Display part of a form in a form?

12. Problem Displaying a form over another form