Use DAO code in Access2000
Author Message
 Use DAO code in Access2000

Dear All, as I started to write Access program since
Access97, therefore what I familiar is to use DAO code.
Now I have upgrade to Access2000, and I start to write
another Access program but most of the code does not work,
but I did see another program using DAO code in Access2000.

So I would like to ask how to write the access program
with DAO code in Access2000? I heard from someone that
it's only due to the missing reference to the DAO library,
if it's true, how should I get the reference?

Many Thanks
Clark

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:02:06 GMT
 Use DAO code in Access2000
On Tue, 29 Oct 2002 18:02:06 -0800, "Clark Yip"

Quote:

>Dear All, as I started to write Access program since
>Access97, therefore what I familiar is to use DAO code.
>Now I have upgrade to Access2000, and I start to write
>another Access program but most of the code does not work,
>but I did see another program using DAO code in Access2000.

>So I would like to ask how to write the access program
>with DAO code in Access2000? I heard from someone that
>it's only due to the missing reference to the DAO library,
>if it's true, how should I get the reference?

>Many Thanks
>Clark

open any VBA module and under the Tools menu find References and put
check mark on DAO (under Microsoft)

also,  if you only use DAO,  remove check mark from ADO

----------------
Richard "ManxMan" Killey

www.comeandread.com/access

latest tip is 3rd in series on Unbound forms
published Oct 19, 2002

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:25:22 GMT
 Use DAO code in Access2000
Hi Clark,

A2K by default uses ADO instead of DAO.  In the VB editor, goto
Tools>References.  Check for: Microsoft DAO 3.x Object Library. If its not
selected, check it and off you go. :)

I usually reference my code like: Dim rs as DAO.Recordset.  By explicitly
referencing DAO, I have no problems.  If you dont, I have seen some people
have problems.

HTH

Nathan
Senior Test Lead

Quote:
> Dear All, as I started to write Access program since
> Access97, therefore what I familiar is to use DAO code.
> Now I have upgrade to Access2000, and I start to write
> another Access program but most of the code does not work,
> but I did see another program using DAO code in Access2000.

> So I would like to ask how to write the access program
> with DAO code in Access2000? I heard from someone that
> it's only due to the missing reference to the DAO library,
> if it's true, how should I get the reference?

> Many Thanks
> Clark

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:30:55 GMT
 Use DAO code in Access2000
Sorry I find out how to add the DAO 3.6 reference in
Access2000.
Quote:

Sun, 17 Apr 2005 10:32:44 GMT

1. DAO 3.6/Access2000 performance

2. Dao tabledefs in Access2000 and MSDE

3. Access2000 vs Dao 3.6

4. DAO and Access2000

5. DAO security issue Access2000

6. Changing macro actions using DAO/VBA code

8. Connecting a Combobox to a DAO Data Base Using Code

9. VB5 and DAO. Putting DAO into code

10. speed of DAO code vs VBA code

11. Converting Access97 to Access2000 code

12. compiling VBA code Access2000