Protected Forms and Text Form Fields
Author Message
 Protected Forms and Text Form Fields

Hi,

I'm trying to design a form that has a number of fields and a number
of 'labels' (i.e. areas that can't be edited). I've been using
TextFormFields for the editable areas, but have noticed that as soon
as I protect the form, the user can no longer use any type of
formatting (bold, italic, fonts, new tables, etc etc). However if I
don't protect the form then the user can alter the parts of the form
they're not meant to, including deleting the TextFormFields, and
entering text before and after the TextFormFields.

Is there any way I can both protect the form and let the user have
full access to all of Word's authoring and editing functionality in
certain areas?

If not, what is the best of way of tackling this kind of thing?

Thanks loads,

jon.

Tue, 16 Mar 2004 00:17:31 GMT

1. Loss of form field text after unprotecting and protecting a form

2. selecting form fields in a protected form

3. Need help w/Protected document with form text fields and check boxes

4. Repost: Stop up\down cursor keys moving between (text) form fields in a protected document

5. Starting query from a form (criterium being based on a text field in the form)

6. URGENT: Error when assigning long strings to Form Fields in a protected Word document

7. Protecting custom Form fields

8. Filling in Form Fields while Protected

9. Protect the form when exiting a field

10. Protected Form...Make field required

11. Insert File Into Protected Form Field?

12. userform protect unprotect, form fields problem