how to set up a customize phone number input mask?
Author Message
 how to set up a customize phone number input mask?

I know how to set one up by using input mask wizzard and the format looks
like this
!\(999\)000\-0000

but how about if I want to default the area code to (206), for example , to
save some typing so when you tab into the field it will look like this
(206)___-____ and you can just type in phone number without the area code.
at the same time, allow user to write over the area code if the area code is
not 206. Does anyone knows how to do this?
thanks so much in advance.

steve

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 how to set up a customize phone number input mask?
Hi,
    This probably isn't the best way, but you could have an area code field and
default it to 206. Then, remove the area code part from the input mask. Make the
area code text box invisible. Place an unbound text box next the phone and make
its control source equal to
"(" & Me!AreaCode & ")".

There is probably a better solution, but that works for me.

HTH,

Louis Girard

Quote:

> I know how to set one up by using input mask wizzard and the format looks
> like this
> !\(999\)000\-0000

> but how about if I want to default the area code to (206), for example , to
> save some typing so when you tab into the field it will look like this
> (206)___-____ and you can just type in phone number without the area code.
> at the same time, allow user to write over the area code if the area code is
> not 206. Does anyone knows how to do this?
> thanks so much in advance.

> steve

Tue, 15 Jan 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Input Masking for phone number fields

2. masked box and phone number

3. VBScript - Masking a phone number to (XXX) XXX-XXXX

4. Form input validation international phone number

5. Set Format and Input mask of existing field

6. Setting Mask Edit Box Mask ?

7. Programmatically change the number of dial ups

8. SET UPS: Please Stop... AND Lood

9. default area code with an phone mask

10. inputting data into phone nymber field

11. Using phone as input for Pc

12. Input through phone