Exposing public functions without exposing everything
Author Message
 Exposing public functions without exposing everything

Save the first database as an MDE - I think that will give you the results
you're after.

--
Sandra Daigle
[Microsoft Access MVP]

Quote:

> I want to expose an API in my Access 2000 database to
> another Access 2000 database.  I implemented the API as
> public functions in a standard module.  Then in the second
> database I establish a reference to the first database.
> The problem is that I just want the second database to see
> the interface, not the implementation.  The second
> database can see the implementation of all public modules,
> and the class modules behind all the forms in the first
> database.  I can't find any documentation on how to hide
> the implementation.  Does anybody know how to do this?
> Please email me.

> Thanks,

> David Orenstein
> EnergyLine Systems

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 02:41:17 GMT
 Exposing public functions without exposing everything
I want to expose an API in my Access 2000 database to
another Access 2000 database.  I implemented the API as
public functions in a standard module.  Then in the second
database I establish a reference to the first database.
The problem is that I just want the second database to see
the interface, not the implementation.  The second
database can see the implementation of all public modules,
and the class modules behind all the forms in the first
database.  I can't find any documentation on how to hide
the implementation.  Does anybody know how to do this?
Please email me.

Thanks,

David Orenstein
EnergyLine Systems

Sun, 05 Jun 2005 02:27:58 GMT

1. How to get the ActiveX EXE registered path from a public class name it exposes

2. Expose Function Name

3. exposing functions written in VB.NET to Excel

4. DLL exposes no exported functions

5. Exposing functions? (Slightly OT)

6. Expose Dll Functions

7. Exposing Properties collection in custom classes as many MS Classes do

8. Attachment size is not exposed in OOM?

9. Exposing NEWENUM IUNKNOWN interface from a VBA Class mOdule

10. Outlook Express exposed objects ?

11. Exposing AutoPick with VBA

12. Exposing resources