ADO or DAO, what is the difference?
Author Message
 ADO or DAO, what is the difference?

Hi All,

Can anyone explain the difference between ADO and DAO, or am I just being stupid and lazy.

Thanks,
Frans.

Sun, 15 May 2005 03:03:46 GMT
 ADO or DAO, what is the difference?
The following article may help:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/en-us/dndao/html/daotoadoupdate.asp

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

Quote:
> Hi All,

> Can anyone explain the difference between ADO and DAO, or am I just being
stupid and lazy.

> Thanks,
> Frans.

Sun, 15 May 2005 06:58:21 GMT
 ADO or DAO, what is the difference?
Quote:
> Can anyone explain the difference between ADO and DAO, or am I just being

stupid and lazy.

They have the same purpose. ADO is newer. In Access 97, the Help
documentation for DAO
is good. For ADO it is virtually non-existent. In Access 2000 it is not much
better. At work we
have refrained from migrating to ADO because of the poor documentation and
bugs.

HTH

Sun, 15 May 2005 10:28:58 GMT

1. ADO vs. DAO sorting differences

2. Difference bet. ADO and DAO

3. What's difference between ADO and DAO?

4. What is the difference between ADO & DAO

5. DAO -v- ADO speed differences

6. differences between ADO & DAO

7. Difference DAO /ADO

8. is there difference between ado+ and ado.net?

9. What EXACTLY is the difference between DAO and DataControl

10. I am stuck with DAO need help please

11. Please tell me what I am doing wrong - DAO parameter Append Query :(

12. Difference between Data Env. and ADO